Sign in to follow this  
brookescourt

Golf VR6 for sale at Volkswizard

As some of you may know, I have been thinking of selling my G60 and buying something more practical for a while now.

Volkswizard are selling an S reg South African import VR6 with 39k for £7400.

Has anyone had any dealings with this company in the past or heared anything about them.

Also, what's the deal with an import such as this? Should the price be lower or does the rarity make it worth more?

Thanks in advance,

Rob.

Andrew is a top bloke, spoken to him in the past.

He only sells mint standard cars and thoroughly vets them. You know you are getting a good car from him.

I would say his prices are a little dear but because he only buys good ones, you don't have to spend months seperating the wheat from the chaff.

SA cars sometimes got things that weren't available in other markets, such as certain colours, trims etc. They also get aircon due to the climate over there.

I'd personally go for the Highline. More desireable and easier to sell. It's also got the OBD2 2.8 Engine, so will kick out 185bhp.

Kev

brookescourt, The obvious question here is South African import WHY????

The car may be mint condition but I would say it is over priced and over here???

I would say don`t touch it, If you want a VR6 there are plenty of UK versions for sale,you will just have to look for them.

Just my opinion :) :)

Definately a mk3, definately a VR6.

I am assuming it is a similar spec to a UK Highline too as it is a late model with air-con and leather so it should have the better engine management too. I have heared of lots of highlines giving 190bhp.

I will phone later about it, was hoping to sort a part exchange but if he only deals in standard cars.....................................................................

Cheers,

Rob.

S Reg,

That would be a MK4 then...,?

Def not MK3 and production had ceased...,

Cheers

SA still produce the mk1 Golf so it's perfectly reasonable.

S Reg,

That would be a MK4 then...,?

Def not MK3 and production had ceased...,

Cheers

VW SA supplied VR6's and Golf GTi's once German Mk3 production ceased to make way for Mk4 so there are a few Mk3 Golfs on S-plates and even newer and as for Volkswizard he has quite a good reputation and is very knowledgable about VW's

As some of you may know, I have been thinking of selling my G60 and buying something more practical for a while now.

Volkswizard are selling an S reg South African import VR6 with 39k for £7400.

Has anyone had any dealings with this company in the past or heared anything about them.

Also, what's the deal with an import such as this? Should the price be lower or does the rarity make it worth more?

Thanks in advance,

Rob.

just had a look on Volkswizard's website and he's also got a uk-spec Golf VR6 too with similar miles and price tho cloth instead of the hide on the SA one

though the hi-miler hi-line he's got looks quite tempting too and £2.5k cheaper