Sign in to follow this  
Adam Darby

G60 bhp question

depends on how they are modded!!!

Countless variations if you move away from teh G-Lader - but then it's not a G60

Think Mike-g60 is about best so far on here using a G-Lader at about 248bhp if memory serves, however there has been a MK1 Golf G60 using a Eurospec head that got 270bhp. And take a look at my sig and members gallery and you'll see I'm currently attempting to do something special with a G60

mike_g60's is 242 BHP, mine WAS 244.5 BHP (before latest and still to be completed mods) and think henny's is around 255-260 BHP at last Stealth RR day. Here's a couple of vid's of my last G60, the white one. They are not excellent quality, although the second one is a lot better than the other one, was proud that day I can tell ya !

th_MOV00703.jpg

th_struan.jpg

Cheers

BigTartanJudge

im somwhere around 250, need some mapping and im hoping for somewhere between 250 and 260

Yeah mine is probably running closer 250bhp now, when i had it RR @ stealth i was running a safe map and produced a healthy 242bhp, since then its had a stainless manifold and the remap is pretty much spot on now! very happy with it... :D

Wicked motors guys 8)

had plans me self,but stuck em on the back burner for now... :cry:

Here's an interesting one - of those who are running over 200bhp, how many have rebuilt internally to get this (i.e. have all these motors been rebored, ringed, etc very recently)??

It would be interesting to see a comparison of bhp vs. miles since rebore / rering (obviously not an exact science..).

If you're looking for every extra ounce then a rebore or at least a hone and rings is a necessity, but I'm just interested to know how much bhp loss there could be with 20, 50 or even 80,000 miles on an engine (providing everything else is in good nick etc)...

Chris.

Well... I've driven several 200bhp G60's over the years but I was taken out by Rob_b last night in his with rebuild 1.9 bottom end and CNC head ect etc and have to say it felt awesome - power was ballistic.

These CNC heads flow well but I reckon his rebuild bottom end matches it nicely!

Well as blue_joe says if you move away from the g-lader then more is possible on the engine like my 300+.

i done all the bottom end. wouldnt want to run a 100,000 mile bottom end on a fully worked top end

251.2 bhp achieved while being mapped at ChipWizards... I've since replaced the slightly restrictive MillTek exhaust and the fuel pump and filter so she should be a bit better when I get her map tweaked to take those into account once I work out why she's only running on 2 cylinders at the moment... :roll: Wayne had commented that he thought that there was some more there but that he couldn't work out what was holding her back: having seen how bad the fuel pump was, I reckon there's more yet to come... ;)

She's running a rebored block with longer throw crank and the whole bottom end has been balanced and lightened.