herisites

Rob's R32 Corrado - FOR SALE :(

Rob - car is looking good. Did you send the details into PVW or did they just hound you in the street?!!! :lol:

so when is the charger finally going to be fitted then? Looking forward to seeing it at E38 in all its glory.

Rob - car is looking good. Did you send the details into PVW or did they just hound you in the street?!!! :lol:

so when is the charger finally going to be fitted then? Looking forward to seeing it at E38 in all its glory.

Yeah i sent my details in :oops: so not that special really :lol:

As for the charger! Well i got the charger, the brackets and pullies etc should be here either today or if not maybe monday. I have a diverter valve, i have ordered some red top injectors which are on their way from the states, so they might be here next week. I gotta get all the piping still as well so need to ring storm developments or NS racing which i keep bloody forgetting to do!! Then i just need to ring Vince at some point and see what dates he has free for the end of the month to get it mapped so i can work fitting it around that really. Im hoping to get it done for e38, technically i could do it, just depends on whether Vince has any days free to map it and depends on when Karl can come and help me fit it.

Yeah i sent my details in :oops: so not that special really :lol:

As for the charger! Well i got the charger, the brackets and pullies etc should be here either today or if not maybe monday. I have a diverter valve, i have ordered some red top injectors which are on their way from the states, so they might be here next week. I gotta get all the piping still as well so need to ring storm developments or NS racing which i keep bloody forgetting to do!! Then i just need to ring Vince at some point and see what dates he has free for the end of the month to get it mapped so i can work fitting it around that really. Im hoping to get it done for e38, technically i could do it, just depends on whether Vince has any days free to map it and depends on when Karl can come and help me fit it.

mate if you need a hand to get it finished i'm only down the road, karl reckons it only takes 3 hours to fit, i'm sure we could do it with karl at the end of the phone if necessary?

Ok thought i would update my gallery with the charger progress rather than the FI VR6 thread. I have accumulated all the parts needed (well near enough!) so yesterday morning Karl and CrazyDave came over to help me fit it!

Now the idea of the rotrex is to bolt it to the custom bracket and then bolt that to the block, simple yes? Well it bloody wasnt, absolutely nothing fit like it should and so the majority of the day was taken up by either going out to buy some bolts or tools or customising bolts/brackets/pullies etc but we finally got the charger on the bracket and with the help of an angle grinder got the bracket on the block (well temporarily atleast as we had to put the belt etc on). As well as that we fitted the mocal oil cooler (for the charger) in front of the rad, removed the carbon canister, extended the MAF cable so it can reach to the other side of the front bumper where we will be running the MAF and cone.

I was helping as much asi could but i ended up making shed loads of coffee and tea and some bacon sarnies! Well i had to keep them happy didnt i :lol: A bit later on in the day Mic_VR and Mr Beige turned up to have a butchers, i think they were surprised at how little we had managed to do considering in theory it could of taken about 4 hours to finish! The rest of the day consisted of corrado related chat, going out in Dave's turbod vr and taking it in turns to drive karl's car and then they all buggered off home leaving me to try and get more done until tuesday (hopefully!) when karl can come back and help finish it.

Anyway today i contiued. The jobs i was set from the guys was to basically try and fit the charger + bracket to the block and work out how the belt goes on etc but instead as the belt etc was off i thought i would change my water pump just in case!

front-end-off.jpg

I thought i would make the job easier by removing the front bumper and cross member, we agreed this would also help with putting the belt on etc so off it came.

rad-off.jpg

I drained the coolant and took the rad off.

Then i jacked the engine up which i have done quite a few times now! Undone front and rear mounts and loosened gearbox mount, put the jack + a piece of wood on the corner of the sump and jacked it up until the exhaust touched the bulk head and so the water pump was accessible. I removed the pulley from the pump via 3 6mm allen head bolts, then removed the pump via another 3 6mm allen head bolts and out it came.

old-pump.jpg

As you can see its a good job i did change the pump as it was missing 3 blades!

new-pump.jpg

Then out with the new pump ready to go, much better in comparison, the blades are much chunkier and are metal i thnk the old one is plastic! It was also quite stiff to turn the pump so it was definately on its way out!

new-pump-on.jpg

New pump plus new O-ring and lots of silicon sealant all went on and it spun very easily!

Whilst the front end was all off and the coolant was drained i also decided to change my thermostat as i dont think my old one was opening properly! Removed all the hoses from the housing and undone the bolts, pulled it and whoops! It basically fell apart in my hand :shock:

stat-housing.jpg

Proper broke!

So i will need to go VW in the morning and order a new one to get it for tuesday so if me and karl get the rest of the charger stuff done i can quicky whip the stat back in, put it all back together and fill it with fresh coolant.

So anyway as i was pretty stuffed with the stat i carried on with the charger. I had to fit the aircon replacement pulley.

aircon-pulley.jpg

This fit just below the alternator but was a bit of a pig to fit, plus after i had fit it i had to re-fit it because it needed spacing out slightly for the belt :roll:

I then put the belt in place and put the charger and bracket in place and tried to work out which way the belt goes round! I think i figured it out but will get karl to double check as it may be wrong :lol:

charger-on.jpg

charger-on2.jpg

I think the charger bracket may need spacing out a bit as its all awfully close!

So thats it for now, tomorrow im going down VW to order my new stat housing and get some new G12+ coolant. I think i will be pretty stuck then until i can get the stat housing, i may put the front end back together but i might not bother really as it will be easier/quicker when replacing the stat with it all off.

More updates and pics to come! :D

Looking good, i get the feeling that when its all finished and you drive the thing all that love of polishing will be out the window lol, it will be clean it or go for a blast, decisions decisions decisions.........

Well done mate. Good work there. Your team have done you proud. Looking forward to seeing the car in proper s/c form. :D

Nice work there mate. Gotta tip my hat to how willing you are to just get stuck in!

Bloody hell, bet you're glad you changed the water pump after finding that :shock:

It is easy to get the bumper and slam panel off isn't it?

Made some good progress on Sunday then, not too much left to do now I suppose....Mmmmmm supercharger......

Looking good, i get the feeling that when its all finished and you drive the thing all that love of polishing will be out the window lol, it will be clean it or go for a blast, decisions decisions decisions.........

:lol: no chance of me ever gettin bored of polishing mate, when its done i will be wanting to clean it every time i go out so it will look good as it goes past everyone :lol:

Well done mate. Good work there. Your team have done you proud. Looking forward to seeing the car in proper s/c form. :D

Cheers mate! Yeah my team sure have made me proud, i really appreciate their help i would certainly have been lost without them there! Im also looking forward to seeing it supercharged form :lol:

Nice work there mate. Gotta tip my hat to how willing you are to just get stuck in!

Cheers Jim, well i enjoy working on my car and i like learning new things and it saves me no end of money,the water pump for example would have been a big job at a garage but it was really easy to do and now i know that!

Bloody hell, bet you're glad you changed the water pump after finding that :shock:

It is easy to get the bumper and slam panel off isn't it?

Made some good progress on Sunday then, not too much left to do now I suppose....Mmmmmm supercharger......

Yeah i was glad i did it!! And yeah the front was piece of pizzle to take apart really, dunno why i was worrying about it at all really and it made the jobs SOOOOOO much easier its great! Not that much to do no (hopefully) but just need a new stat housing before i can get the car running. I would like to get it ALL finished when karl is here not just the charger and then i carry on with the stat and coolant etc as ideally i would like karl there to start it up and take it for its first drive!

good job Rob! Now I'll have to find that Thermostat... Was under the bed last time i saw it!

Cheers jon. Hurry up and find it then!! :lol:

nice bit of progress there Rob, and glad to see you looking at getting all the other potential faults sorted at the same time. The 100% last thing you'd have wanted is to slap the charger on and then the water pump fail and eating up all your good work.

Can't wait to see it running! :lol:

Cheers Mic, yeah i cant wait either! I am a big worrier when it comes to my engine running etc hence why i thought i would change the pump and stat and like i said its a bloody good job i did! I just want to get other work done when i can afford it so i know it will last even longer!! But atleast it will stay cool now :lol:

I rang Andy at Storm Developments to ask about this custom fuel regulator thingy i need to use and i told him about all the customising we had to do and he reckons i got old prototype stock which wasnt quite bolt on! He told me that the kits they sell now should be a black bracket (mines grey) and definately are a simple bolt on affair :mad: oh well its kinda on now :lol:

I rang Andy at Storm Developments to ask about this custom fuel regulator thingy i need to use and i told him about all the customising we had to do and he reckons i got old prototype stock which wasnt quite bolt on! He told me that the kits they sell now should be a black bracket (mines grey) and definately are a simple bolt on affair :mad: oh well its kinda on now :lol:

Haha, live and learn I guess. It all fits now and thats what matters, plus I guess you got them cheaper than buying them from storm? Is there any other jobs you're thinking about whilst the front of the car's off?

Haha, live and learn I guess. It all fits now and thats what matters, plus I guess you got them cheaper than buying them from storm? Is there any other jobs you're thinking about whilst the front of the car's off?

Oh yeah definately cheaper but dunno if it was cheap enough for the hassle!

I dunno what else to do whilst the front end is off really, its the cooling im worried about so new pump, stat and the fan control thing on the rad and i think it will be good to go. I feel a bit wasted today as i dunno what i can be gettin on with!

:lol: no chance of me ever gettin bored of polishing mate, when its done i will be wanting to clean it every time i go out so it will look good as it goes past everyone :lol:

Well again its another decision time, to look good going past for people to appreciate it looking good you need to don the cruise past approach, going slow so no need for the charger.

Thats why i fly past so people don't notice it's not been detailed lol

Rob have just been reading a couple of pages of your story with your c,it looks awesome, love the stance and how clean it looks!.

Have you got the charger bolted on yet, if so how much difference do you feel with it bolted on, do you get that audiable whine?.

Rob have just been reading a couple of pages of your story with your c,it looks awesome, love the stance and how clean it looks!.

Have you got the charger bolted on yet, if so how much difference do you feel with it bolted on, do you get that audiable whine?.

Hi mate, not seen you on here before! Where abouts in rushden you from? Do you have a rado?

Not finished the charger yet :( its kinda bolted on but i cant put my car all back together yet until i have my new thermostat housing, i went vw today to get it to find they ordered the wrong part :mad: so tomorrow or thursday i should get it all back together and friday karl is coming back round to help finish it off! So i will be able to answer your question by the weekend hopefully! As for the whine, the rotrex chargers are pretty much silent! The Vortech chargers that most guys have is very noticable but i have hear a vr witha rotrex on and couldnt hear it!

I live up wymington road just off the bedford road if you know where that is?.

Sorry to hear it hasnt gone smoothly at least it will be ready for the weekend.

Im looking at getting a corrado soon and am just deciding on what to go for. I love the colour of yours its one of the best colours they came in, that and dragon green.

your car looks great mate will be even better once that charger is finaly on

also thinking of getin my mk3 vr charged was doing a bit of research on the rotrex and came across this (may be someones on here) http://public.fotki.com/YetiMan/car__au ... /dub_pics/ (bottom of page) the charger is mounted differnt to yours anyone know where to get the mounting bracket used on that car thanks :D

I live up wymington road just off the bedford road if you know where that is?.

Sorry to hear it hasnt gone smoothly at least it will be ready for the weekend.

Im looking at getting a corrado soon and am just deciding on what to go for. I love the colour of yours its one of the best colours they came in, that and dragon green.

Tommy just go and get Guys Charged VR that'll pee on Rob's bonfire! :lol:

your car looks great mate will be even better once that charger is finaly on

also thinking of getin my mk3 vr charged was doing a bit of research on the rotrex and came across this (may be someones on here) http://public.fotki.com/YetiMan/car__au ... /dub_pics/ (bottom of page) the charger is mounted differnt to yours anyone know where to get the mounting bracket used on that car thanks :D

Hmm interesting not seen that before! I would imagine that would be a completely custom job, the bracket i have got is supplied by Storm Developments (although their ones should fit properly!) but i got mine direct from their supplier in Denmark. Tbh if you have the skills to knock up a strong enough bracket you could put it pretty much anywhere in line with the pullies. I cant make up my mind whether i like where that one is or not, its kinda sleeper as you dont see it but at the same time i like opening the bonnet and seeing a supercharger :lol: