Sign in to follow this  
The Fish

Where Next?

Hi Again

Thanks for all the replies ref. front seats.

I am intending to keep my VR6 for as long as it'll keep running (hopefully a long time to come!), and to date I've had it fully serviced and had any jobs carried out that needed doing, regardless of cost. I'm aware that as it now has 110k on the clock it might be time to look at giving the engine an overhaul. I would welcome your thoughts on what I can do to prolong engine life but also perhaps squeeze some more power from it. My Corrado to date has a standard engine, other than a K&N induction kit. Additionally full stainless Powerflow exhaust, lowered, alloys etc. These are all very nice, but I'd like to now look at what makes it tick, and also should I consider other areas, such as upgraded hoses, brakes etc?

Basically want to get it running totally sweetly but also prolong it's lifespan.

Ideas/Thoughts/Recommendations most welcomed!

LT

Welcome aboard :D

Firstly, I'm gonna move this to General Car Chat, because it's more of a general car question rather than just interior :)

There's a ton of information on here about what you can do to VRs to keep them ticking along - the major one is getting the timing chains and tensioners replaced at around the 100k miles mark.

The VR is actually fairly well tuned anyway, so there are only really 2 ways to get more power from a VR and they're both not that cheap.

The first is to put a Shrick or VSR manifold on that will give you a little bit more torque lower down the rev range. It is a noticable improvement, but it's not huge and will cost you around £1k.

The other option is to strap a supercharger on it - take a look at the supercharged VR thread for more on that ;)

Have a search through the Engine Bay section for other VR tips and you should find most of the info you need though!