Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Some people have all the luck... cheap Storm

Was with a client yesterday, spent time with the Sales Manager and discovered his desktop background picture was a Storm. Got chatting, only to find out he'd bought it off an old guy who was looking to trade in against a new R32. One owner, full VWFSH, needed a bit of paint and leather care - he paid £600 for it

Why do I never get lucky like that

Yeah - that is pretty shocking tbh. I don't think its much to do with luck :|

I don't know about anyone else, but I couldn't do that to someone. I mean, £2k is still a steal but it's hardly robbing the guy. £600 is just ridiculous!

Dealer wouldn't take it as p/x, owner wanted to get rid quickly it was bought privately by the sales manager and paid what the owner said he wanted for it - could be argued that the owner didn't know the cars true value but faced with the same opportunity - would anyone of us put him right - I don't think I would

I would have told the truth. I've been in that situation before and I just couldn't with a good conscience lie to someone.

Fair enough if the old boy was happy to part with it for that, but I think the karma hit would have been huge unless i'd at least told him that it was really worth about 7x what he wanted for it!

Dealer wouldn't take it as p/x, owner wanted to get rid quickly it was bought privately by the sales manager and paid what the owner said he wanted for it - could be argued that the owner didn't know the cars true value but faced with the same opportunity - would anyone of us put him right - I don't think I would

Dealer wouldnt take it as px? that sounds funny..

lucky crunt..

Not being funny but if someone offered me a storm for £600 i'm hardly gonna say "mate its worth more than that heres £3k for it."

Why spend more than you have to. If you could go on holiday to the caribean for £50 you would hardly say, surely its worth more than that, here have some more money.

We have to work hard enough for our money so any saving of it is a bonus.

just my 2p.

Not being funny but if someone offered me a storm for £600 i'm hardly gonna say "mate its worth more than that heres £3k for it."

Why spend more than you have to. If you could go on holiday to the caribean for £50 you would hardly say, surely its worth more than that, here have some more money.

We have to work hard enough for our money so any saving of it is a bonus.

just my 2p.

agree.. some1 got a real bargain...