Sign in to follow this  
lamwagon

17x7 and 17x9 boxter rims help

anyone running 17x7 on the fronts and 17x9 on the rear, need help choosing tyres just wanna no wot other people are running.

cheers Adam

anyone running 17x7 on the fronts and 17x9 on the rear, need help choosing tyres just wanna no wot other people are running.

cheers Adam

I'm no expert... but 17x9 at the rear on a Corrado...!!!!

Have you had major arch work done?? Otherwise can't see them fitting!!!

I reckon it depends on how low you've gone. I have 17 x 7.5 on the back and a fair drop and thats about as wide as I can go on my car. It does rub and slash the tyres a wee bit. And I have trimmed the offending bits of arch lip off already!

Personally I think you'll struggle with a serious drop as well. Good luck :)

You need to calculalate the off set and get the wheel as far inwards as possible without it hitting the trailing arm or strut, ur not gunna be able to go mega low but you can go low enough, mine is quite low and they have never rubed, even with 2 people in the back, i recon i could go lower but if i wound down the spring platforms on my konis any futher they would be touching the tyres!

It's a 20vt in a 2.0 16v shell, the et of the rear wheels is 22.

I did keep it and, i relised that i was'nt gunna get the money i wanted for it as it was so i've recentely taken the wheels and the brembo set up off and put the old gear back on, and fixed a few other other problems, the car will be up for sale again soon.

cheers for the help fellas, i am planning havin the arches rolled and maybe flared a little as i want it low, ganna go with the fk highspots or koingsports depends wot the cash is doing, as far as tyres go wot brand tyre would be best.

cheers Adam