Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

Sealing BBS Split rims

Has anyone got any reccomendations for the best sealant to use when assembling the bbs split rims back together, i have some silcone sealant... is this sufficent? Did have some marine grade sikaflex but has dryed up inside tube :roll:

Would rather keep away from ordering of the net as i need this stuff pretty quick and if the silicone stuff i have is ok then i will use that... just wondering what experience people had with different products.

Thanks OSV / billinjah! will go sealant hunting on wednesday! B&Q should have it!...

Then again the stuff i have in my garage may be good enough! :roll:

went b&q yesterday and they didnt have any

what you need its translucent unibond high modular silicone based sealent (has OSV, stated) just literally finished doing mine.

try a local building shop if you cant find any, something like brewers or jewson if you have any in your area.

16" BBS RS 145 / 146 - Porsche fitment

been refurbing them for a few weeks now!

Darren was telling me about the ones you went up to buy the other week! advertised as 15" but they where 16" ! lucky git! 4 stud aswell... 8)

95_3.jpg

DSC00121.jpg

lol well edited mike! think im gonna have to change my rims over winter gone from being the only one to one of a crowd oh well flattering really!!

301s, where? I was the man with a plan bought the wheels before the car and been collecting them eversince LOL

lol well edited mike! think im gonna have to change my rims over winter gone from being the only one to one of a crowd oh well flattering really!!

i must admit i did feel a bit of a copycat with the choice of wheel and the fact i was colour coding them... 8) still its not as if you live up the road from me is it...lol