Sign in to follow this  
62dave

My first Corrado!?

HI guys, I've just agreed to buy a corrado off a guy down in Poole.

I just thought I'd run it by the experts to see if I've got a good deal. Its a 91 H reg 16 V in white, with no Mot or tax, however it only has 71k on the clock and it in far better condition than any of the 16v's I've been to see for around the same price. He was asking 1200 and I've got him down to 1050. It's been off the road for a while but I drove it round a bit and everything feels fealy tight and the mileage is verified by service history.

He said if he couldn't sell it now he would put it through the mot and readvertise for 1800 which seems like a lot.

From what I can tell it seems very solid and should make it through ok but am I taking a huge risk buying without the Mot?

Any helpful advice is greatly appreciated.

Dave.

Seems a bit high to me without t&t but if it feels ok and you think it'll go through without any issues then take a risk. Cant you come to some kind of deal with him for if it doesnt pass the mot????

Thanks for the reply. How much would you expect it to be worth with tax and mot considering the mileage? I wouldn't normally consider a car without mot and tax but the having not seen any in my price range with less than 140-150k I thought it might be worth a punt.

how long has it been stood for? If it is years then it could have some issues..... bearing in mind work you will have to do, full service, defo an oil change, rust! make sure there are no rust holes in the exhaust etc.

But doesn't sound like a bad price...

Good idea from Whitedog about getting a deal for if it fails the mot....

If you’re worried about it you could ask the seller if you could run it down the local garage for an MOT before you do the deal, it will cost less that £45 and put your mind at rest, if the seller got nothing to hide he should be ok with it and it

Hi dave

if it had mot and tax and its in good nick then as long as the mileage was verified (old mots, service history) then you'd be looking at around £1800-£2000, some may pay more due to the fact its really low mileage for its age.....but this is just a rough estimate obviously.

HTH.

Let us know how you get on, and get some pics up... :-)