BILLCOR

No Rado.... But a New Golf 7R

Pah, you mock me James :suprised: genuine BBS direct from Ebay.de at a decent price of course and retrimmed by Andy at Snappy Gators :awesome:

Not in the slightest Bill praise where praise is due and it is well deserved here. :notworthy:

Cheers folks, few bits still to fit, SWG scuttle cover, Trimsport rear brace and a set of CF door sills

I also need to get a Canbus Converter as the rev counter still doesn't work

Well, another job I wasn't looking forward to... removing the bonnet insulation :rolleyes:

Started last night around 9pm, was all off and clean by 9.40 :smug: Scraped most of the crap of first, then gave the remainder 3 good soaks of white spirit, again scraped off the bulk of the adhesive, then some more spirit on a cloth to get the last of the scummy film, clean up with a dry cloth.

Still got to wash it down with some car shampoo before sticking the new GB Insulation back on, just waiting for some spray adhesive arriving

Dry scrape

001_zps70a0ee32.jpg

White spirit and scrape

002_zps7dc685da.jpg

Finished off

004_zps4f3b9619.jpg

I actually quite like it without the sound deadening. Good work.

I do too wonder how noticeable the noise difference is

I got some in the group buy then decided i preferred it without and sold them on .

God damn it, now I'm torn :bonk: when I got it all cleaned up I thought it looked pretty good as is, will the heat from the engine affect my bonnet paint on the outside :scratch:

God damn it, now I'm torn :bonk: when I got it all cleaned up I thought it looked pretty good as is, will the heat from the engine affect my bonnet paint on the outside :scratch:

The paint things a good point the sound insulation is on there for a reason though

Of course it won't Bill the foam is more for sound deadening mine hasn't had any on it since I got it .

I hear what your saying guys but I think I'm gonna stick it on, spray adhesive is en-route so why waste it??

Ah but you have the uber quiet 24v compared to the tractor like 12v so its probably not needed to supress any noise. Paint shouldnt be affected either.

Its actually not that quiet and there is a noticeable difference now without the insulation

Well, as most will have read, the Rado is back with Mic, was sad to see it drive away but its for the best really, I only put around 1k miles on the car in 2 years and that included driving it home from Mics :bonk:

No point to it sitting in a lock-up most of the year and when Mic PM'd, it was just the right time.

Pretty much all the stuff he didn't want is gone, a few without any advertising, the vultures know who they are :lol:

I wont say never again because Rado's will always be in my heart and if one I really fancy came up for sale... who knows :bonk:

I was telling Mic I'd love a B7 RS4 and had pretty much convinced the wife it was a good idea as a daily with the Rado getting sold, that was until she discovered the fuel consumption, road tax costs etc :hitler: so that will not be happening this year, but I will win in the end, one way or another :p

Place won't be the same without you :( What's that your going to stick around :dance: Your post's helping other's out with bit's and bob's they seem unable to find are most welcome by all i am sure. See you at the weekend for the scrap's :lol:. :salute::salute::salute::salute: You will have to buy another as you still have the no plate.

Place won't be the same without you :( What's that your going to stick around :dance: Your post's helping other's out with bit's and bob's they seem unable to find are most welcome by all i am sure. See you at the weekend for the scrap's :lol:. :salute::salute::salute::salute: You will have to buy another as you still have the no plate.

I'll still be here James, I'd miss you otherwise :awesome:

Some nice scraps your getting and hey, I thought you were paying for the plate next month :thumbleft:

I'll still be here James, I'd miss you otherwise :awesome:

Some nice scraps your getting and hey, I thought you were paying for the plate next month :thumbleft:

Finally sorted my no. plate out just been ordering the plates this evening I would have to buy another C for your plate which i was sooo close to doing with G60 radoboi's £600 :shocked!: :cheers:

Well, I thought I should stick a few pics up seeing that I managed to get some time to give her a wash.

Cosmetically, it cant be faulted and is a credit to its former owners, Chris and Bill, there are a couple of issues with the handling that will be addressed this coming week.

And a couple of reflection shots, all taken with the iphone, so not to bad really!