Sign in to follow this  
Banana Man

BANANA MANS (pics added 10/4/'05)

heres some pics of my freshly rebuilt engine 8)

Heres a list of whats been fitted

New clutch,

lightened & balanced flywheel,

Red top injectors,

rebuilt cylinder head,

schrick cam,

1.9 bottom end,

ported and flowed supercharge,

complete engine loom,

all new bolts and fixings,

rallye fmic (on loan for the time being)

And the most obvious change that you notice straight away is that we have painted the entire engine black which looks stunning!!!

Even though the transformation isn't complete yet I am well happy with the results so far, hopefully we will be getting it running tomorrow night so I can drive it away on saturday!!! I cant wait 8)

I want to put a big shout out to Darren, liam and steve who have been helping me with the rebuild the transformation is amazing 8)

The eternal project.. just bloody get it finished Ant :D

Na, but seriously, does look really nice - can't wait to finally see the all new banana.. saw it lots, but before that fatal crank bolt went.

LOL yeah it's been a while aint it jim since it's been out and about but that is all hopefully gonna change very soon 8) |The new numberplate will be going on it next week as soon as the blo@dyDVLA come to inspect the car!!

Looks good! 8)

I like the big lump hammer next to the block in the first pic!! :roll: :lol:

thats for when ant pisses us off...

Must have seen a lot of use then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :)

I saw this start to get re-built the other day and it looks even better in the flesh. Top car Ant

Nice job Ant. Did you get the master cyl problem sorted? Make sure you do all the nuts and bolts up properly this time LOL

Look forward to seeing you both (any chance of bringing the avatar out as well :lol: )

Thanks for the comments guys 8)

Chris long time no see how's it going?

You would not believe how much time has been spent on this engine now so many things have been replaced I have lost track. But it has all been worth it and should have it back on the road in the very near future and hopefully thats where it is going to stay for a long while so I can start to enjoy it rather than wave the cursing stick at it!!! :D

Anyways heres a couple more pics it's looking almost complete now just got to get the freshly ported charger instaled and get the oil feeds to it on, top it up with oil and coolant, bleed the brakes and then it should be all systems go :D

Well an hour or so the corrado made its first voyage with the all new engne and all I can say is WOW!!! 8) You just have to :D everytime you feather the accelerator 8) I obviously cant put the power down yet as everything has to bed in first but even off boost you can feel the torque and the power waiting to be unleashed :D

Who needs 16v G60 power when you've got this engine :D :D

yeah we took a couple of pics for our next years calender aswell whilst "the model" was feeling photogenic... :lol:

God I feel sorry for eagor having to take that top picture!!! :D :D :D

u must be careful with this engine ant as were not building you another one... :roll:

BANANA MAN, u look like an old man,,,,u was in ya prime youth when u started all this

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

BANANA MAN, u look like an old man,,,,u was in ya prime youth when u started all this

ARRRRRGGGHHH I'm going bald and I'm only 24 :cry: :roll: