Sign in to follow this  
CorradoDriver

Reducing rattling noise

Here a question

I just installed subs last week, everything went well, pretty easy install, anyways now when the bass is pumping so is the back of the car, the license plate along with the plastic trim behind it shake and make a loud noise. There is more noise coming from the trunk itself, i have some ideas on what i can do but i wanted to find out if anyone has had this problem if so how did you fix it??

I think if i pull off the plastic trim and get some rubber sheets, i can glue them onto the body then glue the plastic trim on to that, along with getting rubber washers for the license plate screws and some more rubber for behind the license plate itself, as for the trunk i dont know where to start

Please help

Thanks

get some polyurethane adhesive sealant, (i used u-pol tiger seal) the stuff they use to seal windscreens in and just put a few small blobs of it behind the plastic panel where it touches and the same with the rear plate, its also worth removing the cover on the inside of the boot and putting some felt around certain bits of the lock mech and any other bits that seem rattly in the boot as you will be able to hear them rattle as well.

Ive removed the plastic boot trim & filled it with foam & sound deadning.. still get abit of rattle.. only thing left to sound deaden is the roof skin...

I covered the entire boot floor and rear wheel arches in proper dynamat style soundproffing. I still have a lot of other bits to do on the install....but this alone made a massive difference in terms of reducing road noise!

Also have quite a few sqft of the soundproofing left if anyone is in need :wink: