Sign in to follow this  
pringles

K&N 57i induction kit for my VR6 ??

I just spoke to a bloke at C & R enterprises and he reckons a 57i is the one to go for.

I dont want to spend loads on one (i could cope with the cost of the 57i) or would it be better to not bother and stick to the standard airbox set up.

Thanks in advance :)

Me too - Can't hear my Miltek exhaust now when the foot is very very occasionally on the floor!! :twisted:

Another boring day at work and I have been thinking how to do a heatshield kinda thing for it. Had a search on here and can only find a few small bits about it.

Anyone ever done it for the K&N? And did you make it yourself or can you buy them? Or would it be an idea to move it down to where the Tune2 one sits?!

Any suggestions anyone?!

Hi Pringles

I see you havent wasted any time in starting the Mods, ive got K&N 571 on my VR, an it sounds rather tasty.

anyway see you at the next meet

nigwell :lol:

I've been out in AndyVR6's K&N kitted car.. if you have never heard it before, prepare to be in for a serious treat.

Low end revs & acceleration provide a very slight growl from within the engine that compliment the VR6's noises.. but once the car gets into its stride you won't believe the noise it kicks out. If you own a VR6, it really is the essential modification.. quite quite awesome.

Personally, I prefer to have a modded air-box rather than have acone filter sucking in the hot engine air.

Just my opinion.

Btw, noise from a modded airbox with a K&N panel filter is still superb (and I've also had a Turn2 cold air induction kit on before!)

take out your old not-working-anymore carbon cannister, plug the hoses (esp if you have a G60.. boost leaks) and run the K&N filter down into the wing. all the cold air you need coming in from the front.. :)

damn it, I was if'ing and but'ing about getting a K & N for a few weeks, after being very impressed by them in the past on previous cars.

after reading all the praise above, I've just finished ordering my new one from Eurocarparts 8)

I have heard that there isn't much of a power increase though, and is hardly noticeable, is this true?

Thera

I don't believe it gives you a huge power increase.. a couple of BHP if you are lucky, but I think it makes the engine a little freer revving?

Pfft.. with that stupendous noise, you'll feel like you just unleashed another 40BHP out of the engine ;) Its all about how you percieve it :D

thats the idea I got from the posts above.

I know exactly what you mean, so I think it'll be worth every penny :lol:

Only ordered it tonight, soI won't see it till monday, so I'll have to wait till then to hear him :cry:

Is there gonna be the need for a retune? I now in the past a mate has had to have a tinker with my mixture ( :oops: ) cos of the increased flow, is the ECU clever, or will he need some help?

I think next on the list is a rechip, so will probably get it tuned at AMD (15 miles away :p ) when I get the chip sorted, if I wait a bit longer for the chip, will the K & N do funny things to the engine?

I have also heard that alot of people remove them for the winter (this is why I haven't bought one in the last few weeks), does this mean i've invested at the wrong time?

Cheers boyz,

Thera

thats cool then, he's a clever chap 8)

my previous cars weren't as clever as that

Thera

['H3R4POR]Only ordered it tonight' date=' soI won't see it till monday, so I'll have to wait till then to hear him :cry: [/quote']

As promised, it arrived this morning (it actually got to work before me ;))

The MD stepped out of the office for an hour, so I have just fitted it, and took him (the car, not MD) for a spin.

If anything I seem to have lost acceleration, all the way from 0-80, I know this is probably due to the ECU trying to work out whats going on, so I'm not too worried atm, hopefully it'll sort its self out :?:

The pipe supplied to get cool air from the front grill doesn't seem to be long enough though. I can get the bottom "angled into the air flow" but then the top isn't anywhere near the filter, when I sort the top out, the bottom is out of position, so I will have to get some longer tubing.

I do love the sound though, you were right ;)

Thera

must be wrong pipe.

i got mine from euro a while back and the pipe goes from lower grill all the way up to about 4inches from filter which is where it should be.

if its not right i would give them a shout

cheers

Paul

its only about an 2 inches short, tbh its probably that I haven't taken the most direct route, I'll have another play at the weekend, just had to get it in whilst the boss was a way, so may have rushed it ;)

If it still looks wrong after another look i'll give them a shout :0

Cheers mate,

Thera

just driven into work for the first time since installing my induction kit, so it was my first time on a dual carrageway (I drive back a different way), and I have to say I'm not very impressed at all with the performance.

The car seems alot slower at all speed, and just seems to be struggling for power all the time.

I'm not sure if its the ECU, taking its time to addapt, but i'm not happy at all.

any advice?

I have to take it in for the MOT at 12, so they my be interesting :(

Cheers,

Thera

It shouldnt have made that much difference, i'd check the simple things first like has everything been plugged back in properly. (Connection to the maf will make a big difference to performance.) I have even heard of maf's ending up facing the wrong way round during installation. (Think it was andyvr6's car was like that when he got it.)

If none of that helps refit the standard airbox and see if the performance returns.

I whipped the induction kit straight out of my new VR, standard airbox gives much more refined drive (less Barry Nova). It'll be on e.bay next week though!

Cheers :lol: