Sign in to follow this  
Wendy

Schuy Has Retired then

I think schuy & Farrari have killed F1 with there underhanded politics in the pit lane, which has always been far from sportsman like. good ridence!

We'll all have to agree to disagree then I think. I've been an F1 fan all my life and witnessed all of Senna's victories too. Senna was a huge hero of mine but Schumacher's stats speak for themself. Indeed in 94 Senna spun at Interlagos and was nerfed out at the pacific grand prix. He died rather fittingly leading the field and the next guy through took up his mantle. They will always be compared to one another - truth is we'll never know who would have come out on top. Interestingly - Senna had told close friends that he was gonna race with Williams for 94 and 95 then move to Ferrari in 96 (when Schuey moved) to finish of his career with the Scuderia.

donnington 1993

...still get's my vote as the best bit of F1 driving i have ever witnessed!!

I was at that race, probably would have been better staying at home tbh, got very wet, could only see a few corners at any one time and it was pretty tricky to keep up with the positions, didn't even catch the highlights it took so long to get home :(

That and Silverstone 92 put me off going to see F1 live, World Superbikes were much more interesting days out :)

I have been to a few F1 races and as much as the viewing of the whole race is better on TV, I would have to recomend Monaco and Monza in particular. There is nothing like the atmosphere and watching cars close up. :D

I have seen both Senna and Schuy race and although I much preferred Senna's style and personality, you could not dispute Schuy's calm , totally smooth driving ability. In fact Button - have seen him race too is the nearest to Schuy's driving ability in my opinion and given the right tools think he would do much better.

However, I strongly find the whole Ferrari set up very annoying. They seem to be the only team that can get away with just about anything - I have often wondered who is in their back pocket.

I am so pleased the Qualifying rules changed dramtically this season and have actually brought F1 back to life, although I now prefer Qualifying over the actual race, I often the highlights of the race are sufficient these days.

Good to see we finally too have a few real personalities back on scene too. Shame Montoya has gone - was my favourite :( :D

Due to the lack of excitment in F1 over the recent years and being quite a bike fan too, I also watch World Superbikes and the Moto GP - which now are result of no nails left by the end of a race, that in top of, reguarly jumping of the sofa, shouting and holding my breath in their dare devil attempts of overtaking, undertaking, leaning on each other etc

Fantastic stuff :D

Just my opinion - no need for the fighting talk boys :roll: