Sign in to follow this  
CorradoWannabe

VR6 Stutter between 1500rpm and 3500rpm

Recently my VR6 has developed a definite stutter almost always at exactly 2000 rpm - it occurs especially if the car is running at constant throttle for a while.

Above about 2000rpm its fine and when accelerating its quite smooth. Idle is fine. Also ive previously had MAF issues and its certainly a different hesitation - only being at mid-revs. Today i've found it can occur as high as 3500rpm but definately not above that. Also as low as 1500rpm.

Its got a coil pack by the way.

The car has been loosing coolent over the past month or so - this only happens if the car gets very hot - not found the source of this yet.

Car is still drivable but appears to be getting a bit worse and is frustrating and im used to it running a lot better than this.

Any tips appreciated - its not had new items put in such as - new sparks / leads / coil packs during the year i've had it. Would this be a good starting point?

Hope its not going to be expensive getting this done :?

I cant see any mention of headgasket replacement in the paper work - so yes i think its the original one!

Ok - my dad sprayed the MAF connections with some maplins electrical spray [just the connections - nothing inside the MAF!] and i took the car out again for a drive and it appeared to completely solve the issue.. im not convinced yet but hopefully thats it.

So much for it not being MAF related - thats why im still only a "Wannabe" :wink: