Sign in to follow this  
Fairzy

Standard or modified...

Hi,

Do you reckon it is worth putting a car back to standard to sell it? I'm only talking about relatively minor things; Coilovers, big brakes, wheels etc, but do you think the sale would be easier / quicker. Just looking on ebay and autotrader and there don't seem to be too many about - are they generally selling?

Sorry for the vague questions, but I bought a TVR about a month ago and one of them has gotta go :(

Cheers,

Mike

It all depends who you're trying to sell to tbh.

An enthusiast (who is the most likely person to be looking at your car) will probably appreciate the subtle mods you have made to compliment the car. Someone who just thinks 'that looks nice' may well be put off by modifications, but then they probably wouldn't be serious about buying anyway.

Wheels tend to be a very personal choice, so perhaps it's worth return to a set of speedlines (if you can get the brakes under them that is :-) ). Keep it modified, as there's nothing there that doesn't compliment the car IMO.

Cheers,

Tom

Hey Bally,

I know - been well busy with trying to get a new house, work and the new car. It looks like it's time to flog the C - I've loved every minute, but the opportunity to get a Chimaera came up so I went for it. The pics of yours are looking pretty phat - haven't seen it round MK for a while though. What have u been doing to it?

So, what do you reckon - sell it modified, or put it back to standard. (Speedlines wont fit behind the big brakes unfortunately!)

Prob best to take most of it off and sell separately- you'll make a lot more money that way.

Id go for that option too. Infact before now I have done........

Cheers for the comments guys (and the link ;))

Its a relatively low milage (around 88k), but there is a little bodywork damage that would need to be sorted to make it A1 (a car door ding on the rear drivers quarter and a series of scratches on the bonnet)

Any thoughts on what sort of $$$ I should be asking for.

If I was looking to buy the coilovers and the brakes would make me MORE interested in the car. But because thw wheels are personal choice put the speedlines on.

Nice looking car mate, cant help with price but still nice car (not that that helps!)