Sign in to follow this  
mattosmond

servicing my 8v and a new cv boot.....

is anyone interested in servicing my 2.0 8v gti? it also needs an outer cv boot fitted!!!!

it needs to be done before next weds.......

iif your interested pm with a quote! :roll:

in the salisbury, winchester, southampton area...

Hello mate... I've got to ram a front wheel bearing and CV joint into mine, and drop the oil on saturday, I'm more than willing to help you with yours afterward, make a bit of a day of it if you want...

Have you got all the bits yet?

Toad: no bits yet,,,,,, Where would be the best place to get them from gsf or euro car parts? outer cv boot, oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, can you tell me anything else i would need! i can pick up your bits if need be, as i'm off work this week! where are you in winchester? Thanks for your v kind offer :thumb right:

I usually buy stuff like that from GSF, they're pretty good price and quality wise I think..

You've just fitted a new distributor cap haven't you? Spark plugs? how old are the HT leads?

Have you got a Haynes manual for it?

Must get round to ordering my bits up, might just grab them Saturday morning on the way back, cheers though.

I'm going home so I can work in a barn, incase it's raining, and the floor isn't too bad to lie on, it's in between Hursley and Sparsholt. Do you know Sarum Road?

i have been out that way before, but wouldn't know the road names. My mate has just asked if i would like to go see saints play on sat, and i seeing if he can wangle me a ticket..... but i would like to get the car done too..... decisions! i will let you know tomorrow for sure what my plans are,, but thanks so much for the offer of help, i don't think there are many other forums that would be like this one!!!

i changed the ht leads when i changed the dizzy cap... i haven't got a haynes, but i could pick one up from gsf......

matt

You could drop it up first thing Saturday morning, and we could get as much done as possible before the match, possibly leave it with me for the afternoon, shouldn't take too long to do, or do it sunday although i'll probably be hungover? Just make sure you get a new circlip for the CV joint (I assume its the type that needs one) A haynes manual is always usefull, but I'm sure we can figure a way out. Might be easier if you could pick the CV joint up for me if you've still got to go? but don't worry too much if not.

I'll pm you my number.

hi guys,

serviced the golf with Tom (Toad) and changed the cv boot, what a nightmare!!!! it all managed to go wrong, but Tom did a mint job. A BIG BIG thanks to Tom for all your help :brickwall:

No worries mate, shame it didn't go a bit smoother, but we got there in the end. Just waiting for another wheel bearing and CV joint for mine, and hopefully I'll be going again soon. Have just about got over my frustration from the weekend!!

I'll give you a shout about that pint when I've got mine fixed.