Sign in to follow this  
Pau1

Black VR in PVW

I think Jim Cotton summed it up in the letters page (AARRGGHHH 32) in same mag; the curves don't suit the corrado's shape. OK, it's different; but next to a standard corrado, I know which I would pic, sorry Steve.

THe Corrado is the only VW that is utterly gorgeous out of the box. MK1 and MK2 Golfs benefited immensely from smoked lights, clipper or post 90 facelifts etc etc but imo, there really is nothing you can do to the Corrado to improve it's looks. Everything is in proportion, looks good from all angles (especially the side and front views) and it still looks classy and modern 14 years on. So why oh why stick MK4 lights on it and some frankenstein bumper creation to the front end?

If he'd used the black MK4 lights, as per Dahlback racing's monster MK4 it would look better, but still not right.

Kev

And just because its my only claim to fame, that Corrado R32 in the picture was done by my fair hand in Photoshop :)

I think what was talked about was the guy wanted an opening bid of 15k

and come to think of it I would just buy a new orginal one.

I wonder if they make them in mexico or somewhere ?

i'm afraid the corrado is definately not produced anywhere, but the mk1 golf is still built in south africa, but the call it the city golf or something...