Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

Fitting MK2 Golf seats to a Corrado ?

Ok,

To cut a long story short just won a set of seats on eBay and rather nice they are too ;-)

However, they are from a MK2 Golf so I realise they although they will fit straight into the rado, they will sit higher than standard rado seats (and because I am over 6ft I think this will be necessary). I believe you can mod these seats to sit lower down but I need to know how this is done. So can anyone point me in the right direction ? I take it you can't just change the subframes over to rado ones ?

Any help greatly appreciated,

Cheers

BigTartanJudge

no you wont be able to change the subframes over unless there recaro's (which i hope they are as there the best seats in the world) you could just find some corrado subframes

They are recaro's BTW, so what all is entailed to get them sitting at correct height etc ? Can I use standard corrado subframes or do they have to be corrado RECARO subframes ?

as a referance my recaro's in my golf sit alot lower than std golf seats so the subframes ""may"" be generic. Im not to sure though tbh

so is it a case of removing subframes from a set of standard corrado seats and swapping them over ? How are subframes fixed onto standard seats, is it bolts etc ?

Do you mean the subframes would potentially NOT need to be swapped over Darren ?

you can only swap recaro subframes.. std corrado seat have the base of the seat as part of the subframe.. recaro subframes are bolted on with 6 bolts either side.. I would try them first to see how you get on.

do the bottom of your recaros touch the floor Darren? as a reference my the base of my recaros touch the floor when at their lowest point of adjustment.

Ok. Have JUST done this.. I bought Recaro SR's from an EVO 6 and found some golf electric subframes for them.

Yes they fit but I think that your height may give you problems.

I'm 5'8 and fit nicely, better driving position and much more comfortable.

You're best bet would be to put them in and check. Then if you need to, chop the extension arms right down and weld them in place so they are non height adjustable but I reckon you could drop them another 2 inches once played with.

Because the passenger ones are so important, they'll be fine so leave em as they are.

Anyway....................... PICS!!!!!!!!!! (He says when he's not posted pics of his own recaro's in situ)

Hmmmn, haven't got the seats yet but looking as though will have to find some Recaro subframes then to get them to sit at the correct height for me / the rado.

Another question though, is it possible to re-dye alcantara (wanting to do centres black), and if so how does one go about removing the centres (seat base centre and back rest centre) from the main part of the seat ?

As always, any advice / help much appreciated,

Cheers

I think the seats you've bought Struan should be ok. I wouldnt dye the centers though as they only look like that in the photos. Plus you might ruin the Awesome script... ;-)

Nice, went and collected my new Recaro front seats from the couriers today. They look really good and the alcantara is so dark brown, it looks black anyways, so no need to dye it.

Will see how they fit into the rado anyways, and what height they sit at, when I get her back......whenever that may be..........:-(