Sign in to follow this  
colinstubbs

Over fuelling 1.8 16v?

On the last Surrey rolling road bash my 1.8 16v only developed 133.1 BHPand I was told that it was over fuelling high up the rev range. What would cause this? Faulty fuel pressure regulator?

My only mods are washable filter, drilled airbox, Milltek exhaust and I've got a weber fire breather TB fitted. This is s'posed to be good for another 15-20 BHP but will tend to lean out the valver as i understand it, so what the hell's happened there then??

Any thoughts gladly appreciated!!

On the last Surrey rolling road bash my 1.8 16v only developed 133.1 BHPand I was told that it was over fuelling high up the rev range. What would cause this? Faulty fuel pressure regulator?

My only mods are washable filter, drilled airbox, Milltek exhaust and I've got a weber fire breather TB fitted. This is s'posed to be good for another 15-20 BHP but will tend to lean out the valver as i understand it, so what the hell's happened there then??

Any thoughts gladly appreciated!!

wierd, 16v's usually lean out at the top end, do you have a power/torque plot?

Bump :confused4:

Have you had the CO set since you did the airbox filter and throttle?, the graphs look as you would expect for KR cams torque and power, there's always a mid range dip and then things climb strongly to about 6500rpm, although yours might tail off a bit early, but then I guess it's not a new engine.

It may be that your best bet is to book it in for a couple of hours on the rollers with someone who can diagnose and set up K-jet properly, e.g. Stealth.

David.