Sign in to follow this  
dubrado

HIGH MILEAGE IS KILLING MY CAR!!!!!

My H reg valver is on 267k now, as much as i love it and never want to sell it and its the best car ever, the reality of the mileage is really cripling me financially , I just dont know what, I have owned it for just over a year now and must of replaced nearly every part on it, its in the garage every odd week for one thing or another, even when its all right it either needs tax or MOT, I have been for the last year,and will be using it for the next fortnight or so using it for a 40 mile a day commute, my mentality is that because i have replaced most parts that the chances of it going wrong for a while get better each time, but it still keeps going wrong week after week, and money is none existant, I am putting every penny i have (and every penny I dont have for that fact) into it because I love it so much,Question is Will this ever stop? I keep thinkikng shall i sell and get one with lesser miles?Truth isI will prob be lucky to get £500 for the condition of the body work and mileage It kills me admitt it but its only good for scrap!! a)IS IT WORTH IT?b) WHAT WOULD YOU DO? c)IS ANYONE ELSE IN THE SAME BOAT??

alas, all good things must come to an end at some time and been fair, she has had a long if not hard life. Think if her as a doner, to help those less unfortunate valvers who may not get longevity on their gifted parts.

I have done 10000 miles in my latest corrado in the last 7 months and have only been off the road 1 day due to a shagged slave clutch cylinder.

Roads in the ROI are killing her, but I look after her realy well. She has just toped a youthfull 49k mls, and loving it. Get yourself a less milage one and hold fast with your 267k mls valver, Spare parts will always come in handy.

K-rado.

answer b) is the correct one. I was in the same boat as you mate and the best advice i can give you is find an engine with less miles, i happen to have a close to complete 16v engine if you want it, but its done 127k you'd probably find one with less miles if you looked around. it would save you money in the long run

answer b) is the correct one. I was in the same boat as you mate and the best advice i can give you is find an engine with less miles, i happen to have a close to complete 16v engine if you want it, but its done 127k you'd probably find one with less miles if you looked around. it would save you money in the long run
The engine and gearbos seams to be the only thing that hasnt gone wrong, the gearbox feels better than my mates 100k j reg 2.0, apart from that, breaks hoses, you name it, it seams to be more little things that go wrong that can only be bought through vw at top prices, anyone who says many golf mk2 parts fit is full of sh1t, speaking through experience and may i just had i must of had more than anyone on here!,the only parts that have been the same were wishbones and injector pipes, everything else is either way out or has to be significantly modded to fit as a temp fix, Ireally am getting to the end of my tether with it, im keeping it through love alone,It would kill me to break it for parts, even as my own doner, I would want a n reg vr6, and obviously. again all the parts are different!!

some cars just seem to be built like that and theirs not alot you can do about it. I would brake it and sell as many parts as possible and put the money towards a different corrado.

some cars just seem to be built like that and theirs not alot you can do about it. I would brake it and sell as many parts as possible and put the money towards a different corrado.

Break it, we all love our corrados and think there is nothing like them, when infact every other corrado is like it, i say i wont sell mine, but if a low milage storm came along i would take it and then sell mine!

My valvers done 175k.. I dont mind replacing parts on it, as its peice of mind & knowing bits wont go wrong.. the more you drive it the more wear & tear there is..

if it is cost effective like the others say get yrself another one as there are some bargains abt...

goodluck...

mines around 160k and runs fine, admitadely ive only had it a few months but it also hasnt got any s/h, it doesnt smoke rattle and moan so far. when it finally does give up its a good reason to convert to the 6 pot :-)

Mines on 178,000 miles, doing 50-60 miles per day and still going strong.

I went through a period of replacing everything, and now it's ok, although I've just had to replace an abs sensor, but that was only £30 and 30 mins work, so not the end of the world.

I'd write down a list of all the usual parts which fail on any car with high milage, then cross out the items you have already sorted. You'll then have a rough idea of what is left which you could expect to go wrong in the future.

The list of remaining items should paint a clear picture of whether it is worth carrying on.