Sign in to follow this  
2_Door_fun

Oil pressure? Needle & light slow to rise

Well as it sez on the tin.

Just recentley I have noticed my oil pressure needle pauses after start and then rises to good pressure. Also the oil lights blinks after start in relation to the slow rise. I'm only talking about moments here but was wondering if this could be different oil or maybe the change in the weather is keeping the oil a little thicker when cold?

I ask as I have seen this sought of thing many years back with a Cavalier SRi. again many miles it was my Dads then mine. It had this needle pause as the car came to the end of its life....Body rotten and Cam worn out. I know the C is way better than any Cav so....

The car does have a new oil pump. Bought from Volks a part it was the first thing I replaced as the car had many miles so I got an oil and water pump.

Could maybe a poor filter cause this pause???

Cheers all

I was thinking pump to start, but sound as if you have this covered. Asuming the oil is new as well as the filters, then the only thing I can think of is pos sludge in the sump if it has not been serviced properly or mayby due to age.

Congieled oil could be as bad as a no oil or faulty pump me thinks,

Sump off jobby afraid to find out that one.

K-rado

Hi bud

The car went through a 5 month rebuild. Gearbox, Head off n skimmed new gaskets. New oil pump n water pump also a charger rebuild. All the engine componets were in excellent shape. Cam was unworn ect.

When I pulled the old pump The sump was clean clear. The pump mesh was also clear. I have heard of the valve in some filters can sieze. The pressure valve and also an anti drain back valve?. I don't know if this could slow oil flow??

You have an oil pressure guage on the dash?

Handy! Where's it taking it's reading from? What oil are you using?

You have an oil pressure guage on the dash?

Handy! Where's it taking it's reading from? What oil are you using?

Yes I have a VDO bar gauge from an Audi with Audi sensor. Stripped em from a car in a mates yard. Before this gauge had a TIM psi gauge also.

Sender unit is mounted at the side of the head where th charger gets its feed from.

Oil is Semi Synth 10-40 changed about 4 weeks ago along with filter, plugs fuel filter.