Sign in to follow this  
Dr Forinor

Which pads and hoses?

I've just not long ago bought Audi TT 312mm discs, carriers and calipers and now need the pads.

From this site, which pads do I get? I thought they might be the same size initially but they are priced differently, any reason?

http://www.venommotorsport.com/shop/Bra ... index.html (Make: Audi, Model: TT :p)

And if I want to upgrade to the Goodridge hoses, which ones do I get? Ones to fit a Corrado VR6 or ones to fit an Audi TT?

I'm fairly sure the pads are all the same for the TT because the 288s (poverty-spec TT) are the same callipers as the 312s (all other TTs).

If someone can definitely confirm that though, it would be good.

Annd you want Mk2->Mk4 conversion hoses from Goodridge - they've got the screw-in type (Corrado style) connector on one end and the Mk4 (TT) banjo style connector on the other.

But it's all outlined in the *cough* 312mm brakes wiki article *cough* ;)

Which also have the same connectors, but will probably have the wrong thread pitch on for the TT brakes.

Seems to be the 288 callipers (Mk3 and some Mk4) have one size thread banjo bolt, the 312s (Mk4) have another.

It's not the end of the world if you get the wrong ones because you can buy banjo bolts online for about £4 delivered, but it is a good idea to check before you rip your old brakes off the car then realise the new ones don't fit... :lol:

love the wiki article dinkus. it all seems so easy! still havent done it tho! aint there a someone-somewhere that can source the bits & fit the parts at a reasonable price?