Sign in to follow this  
latestarter2

differences in gauge read outs

Which temp guage is the more accurate. the analog needle in the cash or the computer readout out.

Ive had the comp reading 105 and the needle not above the 100deg mark??

Odd!

And are the mpg readouits accurate??? if so ive been getting 36 to 38mpg out of a VR6 which cant be bad. :)

As for MPG, the only really accurate way is to fill the tank to the brim, reset the trip meter, drive till you need petrol again, re fill to the brim, take a note of how much petrol you put in this time in Litres, convert to Gallons, divide the miles you did by the gallons you put in, there is your real MPG figure.

Which temp guage is the more accurate. the analog needle in the cash or the computer readout out.

Ive had the comp reading 105 and the needle not above the 100deg mark??

Odd!

And are the mpg readouits accurate??? if so ive been getting 36 to 38mpg out of a VR6 which cant be bad. :)

the mfa readout is oil temp and btw only goes up in even increments so 105 is unlikely.............the analogue one is water temp and is known ofr over reading a bit

well there you go ...now who feels a prat...lol

cheers

the key is the little oil can picture on the MFA readout :wink:

Despite what I've heard said, I think the oil temp readout is pretty accurate and you should certainly use this as a guide for engine temp rather than the water temp.

I've had the oil temp reading taken by my MOT stations equipment, they have both a sump probe and a magical heat sensitive gun that can take a reading anywhere on the engine, both confirm the reading my MFA gives on both the head sensor and oil filter bracket sensors I've got.

are there many G40 polos about...I aint never come across one.

There are somewhere in the region of 200 left in the UK now out of the 500 RHD ones built so they are getting rare enough I suppose.

There are somewhere in the region of 200 left in the UK now out of the 500 RHD ones built so they are getting rare enough I suppose

Is that all that are left. Id love a Polo G40, fast lil buggers!