Sign in to follow this  
marcus

Is it worth removing my wheel arch??

The leak appears to be running in from the top passenger wheel arch inside (i cant see under the electrics etc) but is there any possibility water can leak from the scuttle drainage hole out down the arch and back in???? (ive never taken the wheel arch off so dont know?

look in the scuttle panel under the cover and there should be a drain hole. cant remeber the exact location but its more than likely that this will be the problem. i think the side repeater wires disappear down it.

Having heard about the fun and games involved with removing a wing I'd say don't do it unless you have too tbh mate...

look in the scuttle panel under the cover and there should be a drain hole. cant remeber the exact location but its more than likely that this will be the problem. i think the side repeater wires disappear down it.

thanks, i have cleared everything out, thats the hole i was thinking could drain back into the car some how- or is this just not possible!

I'm gona go to my windscreen friend today and get him to put some silicone along the scuttle panel and windscreen just to make sure the water doesnt get down there and goes to outsides down the drainage holes. - then wait to see how tht goes.