Sign in to follow this  
willg95vr6

Starts then cuts out VR6 troubles

Well.... i just replaced the fuel relay as when i drive somewhere say around 5 miles get out the car and leave it for around 30min to 1hour - i cant start it for a while - the immobilizer seems to kick in , the car would start then just die. i have called the break down people out and they said it was to do with transmitter masts (possible phone). He said to replace the fuel relay, so i did.

I just got in the car after eating lunch today and guess what...... It didnt start so i now have no idea what it may be.

However I have just found a temporary fix of either taking the relay out then plugging it back in OR just leaving it for another 45min.

please please please has anyone got any ideas

i did plug the laptop in not long ago and there was an error message of immobliser pickup coil fault

I had the exact same problem.... Turned out to be on eof the relays!!! I thought at first it was an immobilser porblem, but then fiddled with the relays and it started....

Went fine for ages and started again 1 moith later, did the same trick and never failed :)

Immboliser pickup fault? Tried the spare key?

There's lots of threads on how to clean up the immobiliser reader coil connections. They are known to corrode over time, so check it out..

i have tried the spare key - no joy but i spoke to someone else who said it may be a hot start problem and to change the temp sensor. (the car doesnt run hot though)

mean while i will try and look at some of the posts about cleaning the pickup coil

cheers

Will