Sign in to follow this  
ewang33

Newby wants a Raddo (update)

Hi Corrado people,

First post... scary :oops:

Just joined this 'lovely' forum as I hope to buy my first Corrado very soon. I've been stalking the 'cars for sale' section for a few weeks now.. some pretty nice motors on there, all very tempting. I could do with some help though.

I'm not sure what my budget is exactly atm. It's either around 4k for a stunner that needs little or no work, or around 2k for a well looked after example with the intention of minting it up myself. Oh yes.. it's gotta be a G60.

Myself and a few others run NewportEdition (formerly Newport ClubGTi). The club has been going for many years now. The new name, site and forum went live only a few months ago so we're swiftly picking up speed.

Looking fwd to meeting you lot :D

Here's my trusty valver..

IMG3758.jpg

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

IMG3763.jpg

IMG37644.jpg

welcome ... i joined a couple of weeks ago to find myself a stunner and i pick her up on saturday so good luck!

Cheers for the comps guys n gals.. busy few weeks ahead of me looking at potential buys I reckon. I'm not going to rush things though. Still can't decide what colour I prefer?! Mk2 Golf world for some reason Oak Green is the colour to have.. whats the most fav colour here?

Hi J3n, what did you go for in the end? Was you looking long?

Went to see this little beauty a few weeks ago:

K85Rado_Stance.jpg

You may have seen it advertised:

Black G60

The 'previous' owner is a top bloke. Cheers Russ! Immaculate bodywork and tidy interior. Took a few phone calls to find out the history of the charger. Crazy anyone selling a G60 not knowing this?! Anyway.. cut a long story short, my mate bought it last week instead of me. I couldn't raise the cash in time and I was still on two minds wether to spend the money on a minter. After much bargaining the deal was done.. 1750 Sold as seen. :roll:

The car drives well, except, as you can read in the post above, there's a major misfire throughout the rev range, not just at 3.5k, and is over fuelling badly. I was pretty sure it was merely an electrical fault that could be rectified with new leads, plugs, points etc.. Turns out it could be a few things.

The exhaust (Longlife) has a 3" bore all the way from the downpipe (de-catted). This is giving the ecu random signals via the lambda probe, which evidently has been unplugged?! ('over fuelling') I'm not entirely sure what needs to be done to run a pre 91 G60 without a cat and a 3" bore exhaust?! But it's just too loud, isn't doing the performance any good and has potentially fried the ceramic coated exhaust valves in the head also! :?

The exhaust is coming off this week and being replaced with a properly matched system, with cat, with lambda probe. Besides, the Longlife effort was also knocking badly on the rear axle, due to the car being lowered 'after' the exhaust was 'custom' fitted.

Also needs new engine/gearbox mounts.. I just hope the ecu isn't funked and the charger is in good condition. According to it's history from Jabba it's on 25k after a stage 2 rebuild. May need another rebuild after 30k, depending how much it's been ragged.

I'm not posting this to diss Russ by any means!! All this work was done by the previous-previous owner. I know Russ did a lot to try and solve the misfire problem.. and I know a few people on here would like to know what the final problem actually is.

Sso.. Dan, my mate (no internet access as yet) has spent £600 already and has yet to get his new black beast running as it should be. See what happens this week after the new exhaust goes on and a full VW service (contacts) under her belt.. oohh er..

Oh..and I still haven't got my rado yet :roll: And my valver will be up for sale soon.

Ewan.

I was just have a look through pistonheads, there are a few nice rado's on there, might be worth a look.

Good luck on your search.

- Ross

Hi Ewan,

Good luck with the search. I could be interested in your valver when you put it up for sale. I'm based in Bristol.

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt,

I'd love it to go to another local dub fan.. tbh I wouldn't just let it go to anyone!

The plan is to take it off the road for a few weeks, clean it up and park it in the garage before the weather gets too bad. That way I'm not cleaning it everytime someone wants to see it. Besides, it's due an oil change and mini service (plugs, points etc), Which I'll do before she goes under the hammer.

You're welcome to come and see it and make an offer at anytime Matt 8)

So whats the GTi in your sig?

PM me.

hey mate, im also from newport not sure if youve saw me around in a blue g60, im alwase hearing of corrados for sale around here, there was a vr and a 1.8 the 1.8 was around 170bhp. if i here of a g60 ill let you know.

steve