Sign in to follow this  
Dogzyboy

Help with Basic Settings Procedure - VAG-COM

Hi folks,

Just picked up my VR (Storm) on Saturday, I’m absolutely loving it. However, after reading up on the Knowledge Base, I think I might need an

ECU reset & Basic Settings procedure carried out, due to a slightly jerky throttle.

Is there anyone in the Edinburgh with VAG-COM that might be able to come & help me out with the Basic Settings procedure? OR, will I have to go & buy a ca ble & the software?

Thanks,

Doug

More likely you'll need a replacement sensor. Just read the codes first, then consider the reset/basic settings.

Oh, and there is an entire thread devoted to people offering their services with VAG-COM, complete with their location information!

Apologies for starting a new thread, I just couldn't see anyone based in the Edinburgh area on the pages I read... I guess I'll have to search all 11 then... :oops:

Yup, looks like Glasgow is the closest place with someone willing to help. Was hoping to avoid a 130 mile round trip by finding someone closer.

Got a laptop? Buy a lead off ebay for £30. The software is free for reading errors, you only need to register ($99) for the extras (sadly basic settings is an extra..).

I've got the laptop part. I'll take a looky on ebay tonight & see if I can find a suitable lead. It's probably worth me just downloading the free version of the software for now, then, if there are faults, I can just register.

Thanks for the help. :wink:

Cheers,

Doug

The ross-tech website has full details on what types of devices are compatible with which version of the software. I got an old lead (not KKL-compat) with opto-isolators a year or more ago, and it works great with the old VAG-COM 3.11, but I think those leads are getting harder to come by. All the newer stuff requires newer VAG-COM..