Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

Roughly how many miles should i get to half a tank in my VR?

Few points to consider in this G to VR comparison game.

First one being gearing, the VR is much longer geared than the G and as such will be more efficient on fuel.

Second one is that I am fairly sure I have read somewhere that a standard G is quicker in 5th at 30 accelerating than a VR so that's that one down the tubes too.

As for tank sizes rodders is right, all models from N('92) chassis code on have the larger 70 litre fuel tank regardless of engine.

IOW G60, your Golf VR has a different gearbox to the Corrado so some of the ratios will be different, again making a comparison difficult and that's before we get to OBD2 and the 2.8 litre block....

As for what you will get it depends on a lot of things, condition of engine, oil, plugs, HT leads, throttle body, sensors, state of wheel bearings and driveshafts, gearbox oil and condition, tyre pressures, type and make of tyre, how much crap you have in the car, a clean polished car, type of journey and most importantly how you drive.

Although I am intrigued by Trig's OBD2 figures, looks like a very worthwhile upgrade.