Sign in to follow this  
JIMMI

Advice for a quickie !!!

Hi car cleaning fans, ive got a quick question for you guys.

Do you know of a product to polish a vehicle quickly ?? its not a prob with my cars as it only takes 30 mins to wax/polish (i use AG super resin or Meguirs NXT) them its more for my van, its a dark metallic blue and leaves loads of watermarks on the paint if i just leave it to dry and it never really looks shiney if i just chamois it & leave it so i always end up giving it a coat of polish which takes around 90 minutes because of the size of it !!! my last van was silver and i could give it a quick onceover with mr sheen and it wouldnt show the scarms up but this one is near to black and it scarms real bad !!!

What would be ideal is a multi surface product i could clean the whole thing with, (its all colour coded so there is no bare black plastic) i can remember using something called zoig years ago which was ideal but ive never seen it for ages.

CHeers Jimmi...........................................

hi there.

you can get inline water filters that purify the water... or even the flash system if you just want it to drip dry?

or Autoglym do a trade product called autogloss rinse that you spray onto a clean wet car, then rinse off with water.... i normally then dry by hand after that but i think you might be able to get away with letting it drip after that??

A microfibre towel would be ideal for drying off.

Much better than a leather which drags on the paint and tend to break up after a good amount of use.

Same idea,waft over the whole vehicle to remove the main part of water,keep wringing out as you go.

And then with a final wipe you can have a totally streak free finish,and a good quality microfibre is garenteed not to scratch your paint.

If you aren't too fussed about 'bringing the paint up' and are just looking for quick and easy wash/drying,then its possibly worth using a carnauba wax on it.

Streaking would't be as much of a problem,and would make drying easier.Added benefit of a lasting and protected shine too.

Neil. :)

Spray quick detailer onto the car lightly whilst its still wet and then wipe it dowm with a drying towel. The QD will give it a nice shine as well as any remaining water particles on there just evaporating without leaving any marks.