Sign in to follow this  
dubboy

Wiring up headlight loom

Just got my car back from the body shop last night, when driving back I noticed the main beam was on in both the position on the headlight switch.

It has an aftermarket loom put on it by Gavin (h100vw)

What have the body shop connected up wrong to make it do this?

Sounds like the dim-dip resistor (coil thing on inside of wing by battery) has been plugged back in. Unplug the yellow plug and it should be ok.

I fitted a new loom at the weekend but took it off as I lost control of my dip beam. Does anyone know where I can get a loom that will leave my existing dim beam at 6V?

The way most of these looms work is bypassing the control of the light switch in the car and connecting the lights directly to the battery.

This improves the main beam by approx 1-2V and full beam also.

I checked the the dip beam on a voltmeter (first stage in switch) its up from the typical 6V to the 12V as in main beam. i.e it cuts out the first stage in the switch on the dashboard.

I followed the directions as in the kit am i doing something wrong ?

What’s the dim-dip resistor you mention? how does disconnecting it allow 6V to pass through to the lights if they are connected directly to the battery?