Sign in to follow this  
andycowuk

Slight Technical Hitch................

I was taking my exhaust manifold off today to replace it with a supersprint 4-branch.

Both of the manifold to head studs on cyl 2 sheered in exactly the same place :shock: . Why I ask myself? As if I need that to happen. :roll:

Has anyone experienced this before?

The studs have sheered inside the head so they will have to be drilled out - in a machine shop.

Having worked on the 16v engines before, I thought to myself, hmm I will just whip of that manifold today and throw the new won on 8) , but when I got started I realised that I hate working on the 8v engine. It is a pig :mad: . So.... I do not ever want to have to take the head off again.

I am going to get head work done now too.....because I have so much money just lying around.

....Damn...another one of those tenners just fell out of the sky right into my hand again.......

ah ha, the exact same thing that made me think, "you know, i think ill give that SS manifold a miss at the momonet, just incase...." :lol:

Its a p*****, but what can you do?

yea, I did the same, only is was just 1 bolt luckily. So I put it back together with 7 and a bit of that gummy stuff. Doesn't leak at all. Either I'm extremely jammy, or there is a bit of redundancy on those bolts.

Have you lot order RHD manifold cos i thought the supersprint mainifolds only come in LHD versions. i read somewhere they dont fit the LHD G60s very well, is that all rubish then?

8vG60 has put me in touch with a guy who is going to take out the studs, while he sets about the small matter of porting and polishing my head/manifold/throttle body. :D

There is not a single thing on earth that will make me want to take the the head off of that PG engine ever again.

I have yet to drive my car, but have spent near 2.5k on it already. :shock:

I hope i like it!

Will u be at Star in november brian? I better have everything done to the car by end of month so I can have the head and charger broken in - or else I loose my fiver deposit :shock: :shock:

There is not a single thing on earth that will make me want to take the the head off of that PG engine ever again.

I hear ya there matey! :lol: Not a cheap or particularly pleasant job! :?