Sign in to follow this  
waynos

trouble starting from cold

i have trouble starting my car from cold. most of the time when you turn the key it will start and then pack out. If u give it a bit of gas just after you start it it will keep running, but as soon as you come off it the idle will be very low.it will usually pack out at junctions as well.

it will idle at at around 500 rpm .once warmed up i dont get any trouble and it will idle at around 800 rpm

today i went out and disconnected the connector from the cold start injector. When i turned the key, i t didnt pack out although the idle was still at 500 rpm. i connected it again straight after and it packed out when started. what does this mean?

by the way it has had new leads and a new distibutor, rotor and cap if that makes any difference

Says so in the description of this thread line :-): Description: 1.8 16v corrado

Worthwhile checking and cleaning the ISV.

Tempest

Pah - people who use the forum properly i.e viewing posts since last visit, don't see that bit! :lol:

Actually ... erm ... I was trying to point out that his car could be the source of the problem.

Phew, dodged that bullet.

try cleaning the throttle body out and check the operation of the 2 micro throttle switches on the throttle body make sure that the switches are working , also check that all your vaccume hoses are in good condition and that none have come off , worth looking at the above mate hope this helps :)

i just cleaned the throttle body, has made the car less lumpy on idle but the problem still exists

where is the idle screw? have been suspecting this was at fault because when i first had the car it used to idle at 800rpm cold and about 1000rpm when warm.

are the o rings available to buy?

Its on the throtle body on the side of the small buterfly. if you can turn it too easily its gone. PTFE tape around the thread will do the job of a new O ring if you cant find one.

had a look at the car again today. the idle screw was turnable by hand! is it meant to be as loose as this?

i adjusted the idle and the car runs perfectly,however the the 5th injector is stil disconnected