Sign in to follow this  
W3RKD

Honda S2000. Has anyone had a play with one on the road..

I did last night and i have now found out is wasn't std (325bhp) but it was lacking low down power as i could easily pass him but my god from 6k - the thing was savage.

Just wondering if anyone else has had experiance with one std or otherwise..

I had the use of one for a while a couple of years ago. Very quick once up and running but you've got to wring the things neck - as you say very low on low down power and low on torque at all times.

Much like the NSX the suspension geometry is critical, seen more than a few S2000's thrown off the road (usually backwards) as a result of iffy geometry and / or badly worn rear rear tyres

The Honda dealer in Crawley import the Mugen tuning bits so it was probably oneof their cars you played with.

i used to work at a honda dealer in the service dept. A guy came in once complaining of it feeling very dodgy at the rear when cornering...

This car was only 2 weeks old and when checked, RHR wheel was 00 camber and the LHR was set to -2.0!! no wonder.. He was grinning like a cheshire when we had sorted it.

Beat one in my first VR.

Someone at work has got one- really nice car, although like with any VTEC, you can get caught out by lesser machines if your not in the zone.

Well i was bottled it at just over 6k in 5th and he pulled away so it wasn't slow and i was impressed too..

has mentioned above, when these cars are setup right they are truly spectacular,,, so much grip and handles sooo tight and solid... you just cant loose control of one unless you want to.

M5's during the day and Honda's at night... tut tut tut all i got to play with was a vespa :wink:

i have driven one there just mad :D , and a bit bad handling at high speed on doggy b roads as my mate found out by rolling his one with the top down :lol:, i did tell him about the lump in the road where he crashed , its in swindon and it tends to try to make your car jump over the road ok in a lowered golf at about 80 but not at 100 in a s2000, lucky i was not in it at the time , i would of told the cop's how fast he was going , he lied and told them 50 , 50 MY a$$ .

Deluk

I drove one a couple of years ago on an airfield with cones used to set up a course including a roundabout.

It handled superbly, I was surprised.

It felt very solid and all together.

I did not observe the wringing its neck aspect to get the best power - possibly I just forgot this element as I was having such good fun, or, have driven quite a few cars that prefer to have their guts thrashed - Old Astra GTE's partically comes to mind for this.

Given the excess funds - I certainly would consider buying one - after the Nissan 350Z, the 911, the Z4, the M3. I am not over the top - was a Ferrari or a Lamboughini mentioned ??!! :lol:

But, I do have a Lamboughini Gallardo Day booked !! :D