Sign in to follow this  
swindon-corrado

AUDI TT RS4's will they fit ??

Hi,

I have a Corrado (naturally) VR6. I want to replace the std speedlines with 18" Audi TT alloys which a 8J in width and a 40 profile on the tyres. I am also getting adjustable ride height suspension so i can drop the car down to a nice height on the new wheels.

Question is should I be aware of anything with this combination or will the wheels fit straight on with no fouling ??

Cheers.

Sean.

if they're off the TT they will be the right stud pattern but at 18'' I'm guessing you'll have rubbing issues... I wouldn't go larger than 17'' myself

I am sure that I read that 19's will fit under the arch of the corrado ? According to the seller they will fit a corrado VR6 however I know you can't always trust them. I would try them on the car first however they are a good 150 miles away.

I guess there are two ways to ask if they fit or not...

The stud patern sounds like it will fit as the TT is the same Stud pattern. However the 18" size will be an issue. I ran 17x7.5j on my old Corrado and even then I had rubbing at lock on both fronts. 18" and 8J wide could mean some arch work is needed, or that your car will look like a tractor ;)

What's the ET on those ????

I thought the minimum you had to do was get your arches rolled etc to fit 18s on?

I think 18's, as long as they aren't too wide *should* go on without major arch-work, but I seriously doubt you could have much of a suspension drop at the same time.

Personally I think 18's look a bit daft anyway ... make it look like too much of a noddy car.

depends what year TT they are from, I have Audi TT 6 spoke 17's on mine and they have a PCD of 100. The newer TT's have a PCD of 112 and these wheels will not fit on a 'rado

Well the answer was yes they will fit but I had to use 5mm spacers on the front to clear the calipers. Ideally I would replace the calipers and disks for TT ones also but can anyone tell me how much work is involved or is it relatively straight forward ?

Looks good matey... as for TT brake set up I think dinkus has them on his Vr so probably worth dropping him a PM to see how he's done it 8)