Sign in to follow this  
Dave_P

Best way to keep cool

As for the TVR vacum, well, that sounds like a mod thats gona tack quite abit of work and £££.... Any1 more thoughts ?

it shouldnt take a lot of work as its simply a piece of large bore pipe that leads from the rear of the engine bay to the bottom of the car facing slightly backwards, or you could fit a couple of smaller ones.

it would have no real effect while stationary but it does work very well while moving, yeah hot air rises but the "chimney effect" vacum more than compensates for that.

i did find a site a while ago which did show thermal imaging of an engine bay and there was a concentrated hot spot above the exhaust manifold which wasnt really effected by increased ventillation at the grill, appearently there was some sort of turbulance in the engine bay which caused a heat build up at the rear, the only way they could find to solve it without ruining the cars looks was using the ducting at the rear of the engine above the exhaust manifold the same way tvr do it, i have some photo's at home of the underside of a tvr from the motorshow which show it quite well.

from what i remember it reduced the temperature above the exhaust manifold by about 20c at motorway speeds.