Sign in to follow this  
Si B

Intercooler Removal

Help..... I need some pointers as to how to get the intercooler out of my corrado G60. I have undone the 2 lower bolts in front of the wheel arch and removed all the pipe work but although the cooler wiggles around it wont come free. The plastic air scoop that chanels air to the cooler is still in place and doesn't look like it is helping matters but I can't see an obvious way of removing this with the IC in place.

I have never had to remove the bumper to get the I/C out but then again I haven't got the scoop in place and never have done but I believe the scoop is connected to the front bumper by a screw that is in the black under grille of the bumper. If you can take this scoop out then you will reveal another bolt that holds the cooler in place at the front of the intercooler if I remember correctly it's a 10mm nut you have to undo it's almost directly under the battery tray then you should be able to remove the cooler!! I hope this is of some use to you!! Good luc!!

You don't have to take the bumper completely off, just slide it forwards an inch or so... Make sure you have someone to help as it just suddenly falls off it's guides and onto the floor... (yup, I dropped mine while cleaning the intercooler... :oops: :lol: )

There's a thread here somewhere about removing the bumper that also tells you how to take out the intercooler... It's where I got the info to do mine! :lol:

Thanks for the pointers!

Hopefuly it will be easy now I know how. The IC looks good and filthy so I'm hoping that a good clean (inside and out) will improve its cooling capability.