Sign in to follow this  
Stan 24v

Drive By Wire - More questions!!!

Right, since I had the engine done (I think anyway) Ive always had a sharpish jerk from the car when I take my foot of the accelerator.

Its like taking your foot off really quickly, and the car jerks, just once, but in all gears, and no matter what revs, or if being driven hard or slow.

I cant think of another way to describe it :?

Double-6s had a go and felt it (oo er) and I also asked H100 VW and he reckons it sounds like the fuel is being cut off when I take my foot off, and then back on straight away. Does this sound right?

Any help appreciated guys ;)

Hmmm - I know with DBW the revs just drop as soon as you go on the brake or clutch pedal - I wonder if that switch is loose or faulty - also may depend on how it's been installed...

I mean installed as in did he use the full mk4 pedal box and switch's etc...

Mine is a bodge of the orignals but everything welded in and working... only issue I have is the clutch is very heavy as the original Corrado MC and pedal are being used

Phat - I have a spare MK4 clutch pedal from when we fixed Jim's car and i've welded it up so it won't break again but will this fit the Corrado / mk2 pedal box do you know? (Reason I want to do this is so I can use the plastic mk4 MC - have you done this?)

Not too bad mate, replaced Master, and slave, and also changed gearbox oil when doing the work, a lot bloody lighter than it used to be!! Cant compare to a Golf though, never driven one ;)

Phat Clutch pedal, or accelerator???

did I say accelerator?

CLUTCH pedal. DBW cars have a clutch switch, much like a brake light switch.

Phat Clutch pedal, or accelerator???

did I say accelerator?

CLUTCH pedal. DBW cars have a clutch switch, much like a brake light switch.

You did say Clutch, and now youve said that ^^^ I'll have to get the cover off and have a look.

Cheers mate ;)

LOL - erm yeah take the cover off.... mines got this huge great assembly behind it!

Yeah cheers :p Just thought it may have been visible, I'll get me coat :oops:

Not too bad mate, replaced Master, and slave, and also changed gearbox oil when doing the work, a lot bloody lighter than it used to be!! Cant compare to a Golf though, never driven one Wink

Ah - you still using the corrado box and slave then??? mine is MK4 6spd and the slave is inside the box!

Oh it's good, very good but it is a TDI remember - I still go for 7th sometimes!

Hurry up with the pic - I'm meant to be out drinking!!!

I always found the MK4 TDI 6 speed to be very notchy but nice and short throw but great for motorway cruising! 6th at 80MPH is something nice and low like 2,500RPM!