Sign in to follow this  
Stan 24v

Drive By Wire - More questions!!!

I've just bought a brake switch,num 1J0945511F,ive found the loom wiring where it goes(4 wires) but its been cut :(

Has anyone the correct wiring for uk mk4 r32 cars,rather than that russian rubbish one?

Another thought:

The brake or clutch does not get depressed for this to happen, so therefore if the switches were fitted they would be passive anyway.

Do you reckon it could be the custom-code chip causing it? My mate reckons it sounds similar to the digilag that mk 2's used to suffer from, but obviously on a DBW car.

Any thoughts?

This is exactly why I fitted EVERYTHING from the MK4. All the switches, sensors, loom etc.. as its ridiculous how interlinked all the stuff is on the later cars.

I had a similar thing originally when I was fault finding on the car, but once everything was done it was gone. Sorry I don't know which thing got rid of it :)

You had a Vag-com scan done?

I will have a drive tomorrow if you want.

Jay

passive in what way?

consider this then: what happens if vw programmed their ecu to smooth the transition between deceleration and acceleration. You not having a brake or clutch switch is robbing the ecu of the ability to know when you are changing gear, so when you shift up it thinks its in the going from deceleration to acceleration phase and doing some weird sh't to the map, when it should be doing the other weird sh't that it normally does when you are changing gear.

yeah?

Might be the case, or it might not.

who knows... I have had a drink....

fair comment, just read it back and you did indeed state a situation where the clutch or brake pedal is not used.

must be just shagged mate :lol:

p.s. really nice power figures dude, have you got cams in there?

just got my car back today after having this engine conversion fitted,my mfa thing isnt working?

Is yours working ok stan?

Im using the 02m gearbox & r32 clocks.

if you are using the r32 clocks then yes, you will have all the r32 functionality.

I would be interested to see how you get it to stop bleating at you constantly though (unless you fitting absolutely everything)

You need to re code the CAN level to stop it beeping like mad at you. It's beeping because it's panicking as it can't find all thoe other components it'd usually like to talk to.