Sign in to follow this  
corradostuff

Front Exhaust Box

Does anyone know if the VW front exhaust box does much to quieten the exhaust noise?

I've just fitted a straight thru pipe instead of the front and center sections and its a bit too loud for me. I don't want to put the heavy suitcase back on as the car seems noticeably quicker without it.

I was thinking of putting a new VW front box on and keeping the pipe instead of the suitcase.

Do you reckon this will quieten it down much or not really?

Yeah that was my second option. Trouble is the pipe I've replaced the suitcase with is longer so I wouldn't be able to just put the suitcase back on. I'd either have to put the torpedo on as well or cut a few inches of extra pipe and put that in front of the suitcase to make it reach.

Or I could just leave it as it is and hope it quietens down after a while. But thats prob a bit unlikely :roll:

This sounds like something I was thinking of.

Could it be possible to post a few pics of your exaust?

Yes mate, I'll happily post some pics. I did a lot of adapting to get it to fit cos I wasn't really using the right parts. I've got a late style 2L 16v with bar hangers. The Supersprint pipes are for the early type Corrado with hook hangers (they don't do them for later ones), so I had to adapt the central bushes to fit onto the bar! Also I ended up putting on a VR6 back box as that was all I could find cheaply (Thanks Steve)! So that didn't fit directly either so I had to cut it a bit and force it on then tape it up. Its all nice and tidy now though. The pipes sit nicely in the hollowed out bit and the back box hangs just right. I'm very happy with it, just a bit too loud for me. TBH Twiss with your early Corrado it should be really easy as the hangers won't need any adapting. I'll get some pics up over the weekend.