Sign in to follow this  
GazzaG60

HELP. Why is insurance going up again...Any ideas on cheaper

I once thought that my 1.8i sky was expensive to insure now??

I paid 800 with 1yr no claim, 880 with 2yr.. now its the third yr of insuring the car n they want 900. can get it for 870 elsewhere but f***** hell am i p*ssed.

My car is a 92 G60 std at mo, doing 12k a year with 3 yrs doo dah not even any proper wheels on it at mo.

Im getting annoyed with vw insurance. I looked for a S2. could get that for only 50 dearer than this!

who knows about insurance. is it my postcode (OL2) or is it that the car isn't garaged or am i just getting dry butt f**ked.

Damn am i not chuffed

cheapest with them is 1059 with sabre. the charger must cost a lot more.

cheers anyway.

Anyone else got any ideas other than selling/moving

Corrado insurance continues to get worse as the cars get rarer.. its frustrating because its not the actual performance of the car dictating the price (lord knows, a Fiesta Zetec-S would kick my 16v's ass at the traffic lights) but the rareity of the car, the likelyhood of it getting broken into, and the cost of repairs..

As anyone who owns a Corrado will know, all of those three factors are a problem. Yes, only 9000 were bought into the UK - yes, people are always getting their C's broken into, and yes the repairs are a nightmare.

Its one of the reasons I keep looking at other cars.. I just can't afford to keep up with both insurance costs and repair costs.

Have you tried looking around at some of the more well known companies (amongst Corrado owners) for car insurance? I have had favourable comments for Greenlight, Chris Knott, and Privilige. Also Adrian Flux are supposed to be very cheap!

im with HIC

Iv tried

Tesco 870

footman james 850

hic 900

elephant 1010

flux awaiting quote

rac 1059 cheapest load excess

all tpft

i can get a scooby for bout 100 more full comp n get bits for one no probs as my mate owns a scooby company jap-innovations

i can insure a S2 for scooby money or a 1.8 golf.

I did the same and told em what quotes I had already and who by, they beat them and gave me free roadside cover and insured to drive on ne1 elses car.

cheer up man. i pay $350 canadian a month = £140 = £1680 a year! DOUBLE what you pay!

i have a spotless history other than my cavalier's stereo being nicked a few years ago now..don't think it even effects the rate.

1990 chev cavalier theft coverage = $42 a year

1990 vw corrado g60 theft coverage = over $1100 a year

you guys can complain all you want, you got it good. we all get bent over and greased up over here.. :x :x :x

:mad:

is that full comp. they want 1250 ish for me.

im in a foul mood today with it.

if i pay monthly itll be only bout 25 a month more than thitd party so may do that. was hoping to pay it all in one lump so as to get some nice new shiny wheels next month as my 17"s have been "borrowed" by my dad for his mx5.

thats out the window now i reckon.

I pay £900 for 3rd party fire and theft with the 2x freebies, I'm 27 and have 6 points on my licence, just down from 12 :(

I pay about 1400 quid a year, fully comp with Direct Line. I am 22, clean license, 2 Years NCD, and my 1994 2.0 16v is unmodified.

Should hopefully fall a bit again in June when I come to renew, though this time I *will* shop around as I really dislike Direct Line. Only went with em as they were cheapest(!).

Try Admiral - http://www.admiral.com

They beat the rest by about £50 on mine - £640 fully comp, 32 yrs old, 9 yrs+ ncb (protected), parked on road and 3 points on licence :oops:

All mods declared.

elephant.co.uk were quite good too.

AA quoted me £1060!

Cheers

Mark

2.0 16V

just arranged insurance with Adrian Flux on the G60 for £520!!!! Quite pleased, im 26 with 5 years ncd!!!!

Admiral = pants! Try and work this out :

£1514.51... 22 years old, 2 years NCD, no claims/points/accidents, unmodified car.

£1521.50... 22 years old, 3 years NCD!! (which I will have in June hopefully), no claims/points/accidents, unmodified.

How can it be more expensive with more NCD!

I guess they just dont care for insuring 'young' (cough) drivers.

Admiral = pants! Try and work this out :

£1514.51... 22 years old, 2 years NCD, no claims/points/accidents, unmodified car.

£1521.50... 22 years old, 3 years NCD!! (which I will have in June hopefully), no claims/points/accidents, unmodified.

How can it be more expensive with more NCD!

I guess they just dont care for insuring 'young' (cough) drivers.

:lol:

They screw you whatever you do!

I was arguing with a woman from belldirect when she told me that for a 1% increase in power, it would be a 10% increase in premium!! Nuts! So I was asking her that if I uprated all the brakes, thus increasing stopping power, would she reduce the premium! didn't have an answer to that other than 'no'!

Anyone want to set up a Corrado insurance company?? :evil:

i recently phoned up axa to tell them about my exhaust

axa woman-does it make the car any faster?

me-well ive not noticed,i only bought it because it was cheaper and had a lifetime guarantee because its stainless steel

axa woman-so it looks nicer?

me-well you can only see the tail pipe which looks just like a standard exhaust

axa woman-ok ive just asked my boss and he says put it as a bodywork mod...no extra charge

me-oh ok nice one

elephant are best so far bout 110 cheaper than HIC who im with at present.

Anyone tried for a R32... sooooooooo much money

Try living in northern ireland!!! :x

£900 third party with 4 years NCD. The value of the car is not much more. And that was last year - whats this years going to be like.........? And most of the cheaper companies in England hang up when I tell them where I'm from. :evil: