Sign in to follow this  
Jay2

Advice on fitting a MOMO Steering wheel needed.

Recently bought a MOMO steering wheel with Corrodo boss off of Ebay but need advice on fitting.

The Momo steering wheel only seems to have one wire for the horn function, which is attached to the push button and then to the big metal boss base ring. But when I remove the cover on my original VW steering wheel there is two wires for the horn function.

Does the Momo only operate on one? How do I wire it up for the horn to work?

Cheers.

hi i had the same thing,

fixed it by getting a bit of wire , putting a spade clip onto it, baring the other end and wrapping it round the metal of the boss. worked fine since then. i think on some wheels the boss is the other metal bit if you know what i mean either the pos or the neg

martin

hmm.. that seems different to mine.

the two wires you see when you atke the cover off are attached to the wheel.. when you take the old wheel off you just use new wire supplied and the connection is made via the push button.

when i took the old wheel off mine there was only one wire?

after a wee bit of messing about i found the boss was effectively the other wire.

my quick fix was because i was at work and couldnt be bothered taking the boss off to retrieve the other wire

works fine tho so no worries :)