Sign in to follow this  
DierWolf

Engine Troubles

Hi guys, new here andhaving some problems.

1993 Corrado SLC VR6 2.8L.

Certain days, i am driving, if i gun it (well not even having to gun it) as it goes over 2500 rpm the engine will just drop off (BOG) completely, most of the time it will just hesitate one big time and then continue to raise in rpm.

but these days when it does it, if i continue on the gas it will just bog out completely, if i let go the throttle complete it will just stall out... if i keep the throttle depressed just a bit to stay under 2000 rpm it will stay running, i play with it between 1000-2000 rpm for a bit then it catches itself again and runs fine again.

Any idea what this could be???? its happening more and more often these days. Like every day, or couple times per day.

Help would greatly be appreciated.

Wow - the caribbean! Its amazing where Corrado's turn up! And chance of some pics of your car near the beach? :D

Free bump - and hope someone can help you with your problem.

Is there any way you can get it hooked up to VAG-COM?

Yes buddy with a Golf IV GTI VR6 has it, but OBD2, need to get software for OBD1 i suppose for my car.

Yes i have pics on golf course close to the beach, I will most definately upload them later on today when i get home.

This is just bugging me right now, and want to get it fixed pronto... was thinking fuel regulator screwing up? Guess VAG-COM should tell all..

I assume you're checked for spark problems .. coil pack / distributor, leads, plugs .. ?

Could be the fuel pump too I guess. Ever changed the fuel filter?

I assume you're checked for spark problems .. coil pack / distributor, leads, plugs .. ?

Could be the fuel pump too I guess. Ever changed the fuel filter?

Brand new plugs and wires, if it was coil pack or distrubutor it would happen constantly...

I have noticed the past 2 days has been very rainy and cloudy, pretty cool weather, and it has not done it at all..