Sign in to follow this  
kasman21

rear brake disc removal and changing

Hey Guys

Need to change my rear brake disc in the next few days, is it just a case of new bearings and discs and straight swop?? or is it more complicated??

thanks

You have to take the entire caliper off as well and often the carrier bolts are seized... :roll:

I'd change the pads as well.

if the bolts are seized someone on here told me to wack a 15mm socket over them if the round off and belive me that worked a treat.

yeah you do. but i used some flat pices of metal a socket and a f*** off big G clamp. your local garage will press them in for some money in their tea kitty i would have thought.

The bolts take a 9mm or soemthing hex, I managed to snap mine when trying to remove one.

The bolts take an 8mm hex. It's a good idea to give them a good soaking in WD40 or equivalent for several days before you try them (Actually, if you can get it Wurth Rost Off Ice is the best stuff).

Best wishes

RB

Give the head of the bolts a couple of good sharp wacks with a hammer and punch, that'll help free it off too.