Sign in to follow this  
Rob_B

programming mk4 golf keys

1 of my mates has a mk4 golf and someone has told me i could program it with VAGCOM

can anyone please tell me how?!

cheers, Rob

That's not strictly true, there is a procedure to get the chip in the key to sync with the immobiliser/ignition i was told it and it was very simple. really sorry that i can't remember it but it is along the lines of lock, unlock, lock, unlock then start the car with that key within 30 seconds will try and find out for you.

Found this on CGTI ;)

http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?p=313447

How to reprogram the C/L remote control key fob

1. Take the valet key, put it into the ignition and turn the key to the "on" position, just prior to starting the car.

2. Roll down the driver's side window (not required, but a good idea in case there's a problem).

3. Exit the car and close the door.

4. With a second key, physically lock the doors (don't use a remote).

5. Take the first remote to be programmed, press one of the buttons and the lights will flash once. Wait 10 seconds and press the unlock button. The doors should unlock. That first transmitter is now programmed.

6. Lock the door again (physically) with the key, (not the remote).

7. Press one of the buttons twice, the lights will flash twice. Wait 10 seconds and press the unlock button. The doors should unlock. The second transmitter is now programmed.

For a third transmitter press the button 3 times and for a fourth press 4 times.

"Make sure that to test the newly program remotes, the original key is removed from the ignition. Someone might be a bit frustrated trying to test it with it still in 'program' mode."