Sign in to follow this  
DUBVR6

Milltek De-Cat Pipe

Guys,

In the process of buying a milltek decat pipe for a VR6. Seen a few threads where they have quoted it for £55.

Where can i get it for that price.

Cheers

Guys,

In the process of buying a milltek decat pipe for a VR6. Seen a few threads where they have quoted it for £55.

Cheers

Be very interest to see if you think there is any performance benefit after you've fitted it.

I would assume there would be some increase in power due to the less restrictive nature of it. What are issues relating to emissions though?

I've heard of people taking them on and off for MOTs, never heard of a VR failing an MOT for one though (but that maybe because everyone has put the Cat back for the test :D)

I have a miltek ss after the cat. since fitting a cat (a cheap one) it sounds-turd. more at low revs when setting off. its horrible!

so i was thinking of geting rid of the cheap cat and fitting a cat by pass pipe, but from a custom build exhaust place. i didn't realise a cheap cat would cause this! so hopefully a decat will sort it!!

any thoughts??

Hmmmmm

Went to have my full supersprint cat back put on and miltek decat pipe.

First of all the brackets on the supersprint were the wrong way round so you couldn;t put the rubbers on it. :| (thank you mr fabrication man)

Couldn;t fit the miltek because who ever changed the lamba sensor on my car screw it in on the wonk and ruined the threat :mad:

and suprise suprise little old norwich wouldn;t have one anywhere in stock. so i had to put the cat back on and drive away without the miltek fitted.

Getting it fitted start of next week will let you know how well it fits.

Beavisjem

Guys,

Cheers

Be very interest to see if you think there is any performance benefit after you've fitted it.

The reason i ask is that the VR6 has a sports CAT fitted as standard so not sure how much more gain there is to be had.

I had a Miltek cat back fitted earlier in the year and noticed an improvement in driveability, then fitted the cat bypass a few weeks later andnoticed the same improvement once again. It just makes the engine 'breath' alot easier and therefore improves driveability.

It is most noticable in normal driving, even around town as it is more effortless. Not too sure top end as it all gets a bit manic at 4-6k rpm!

Well worth the money and even an hour or so changing back to the std before MoT

Will be getting the cat fitted on saturday 28th, so will let u guys know the difference. I bought it from awesome GTI store for £73 including VAT and postage. Need to get the gasket and clap from vw which in total will cost you about £12.

I fitted a miltek cat bypass pipe and out of all the mods pre-charger it made more of a difference than anything else. id already done the tb and zorst by then. improved the low end grunt which is allways good on a vr. Its quiet when cold but really rather noisey when hot. They are a fraction of the weight of the original system.

As for fitment........................... it was nothing short of complete w..k :-) and ill testify to that officer.

Had to weld up the lambda hole and move it about 6 inches, and the tail pipe sticks out about 6 inches on the system no matter what you do with cutting it about. Mines only still on there because Vince virtually rebuilt the whole thing for me. They make absolutely fantastic audi systems, and ive heard no complaints on the non VR C side of things, but the VR one seems to be a problem, unless they've sorted it now. :-(

and i hate knocking peoples gear, but it was bl..dy awfull. Simple things which could easily be rectified at source though !?

Got it fitted today adn the guys had no problem with the lamda. The pnly prob was ot was slighlty short. So had to cut a piece from the CAT.

But now there is definately a difference and really kicks off after 3000 revs.