Sign in to follow this  
Adam Darby

plastic trim/ cover

Hi all if you click on the pic of my engine in my sig, At the top to the engine bay where the wiper motor is you will see there is no cover there, can you still get these from VW and if so how much are the, also any part numbers would be great.

There was never a cover over the wiper motor, only bit covered is the other side where the fan intake is.

I think there is a group buy for an after market cover that goes across the car fully if you fancy something like that.

full length scuttle covers, but I think the group buy has ended now

clicky for the thread.

you can try and ask

I trial fitted a mates Golf one the other day - fits really well but will need trimming slightly, looks really OE and has space for the VIN, can't find any good ones in scrap yards so buying new (£16) - I'll fit next week and put some pics up.

If you have any joy with it stick up some pics and a how do.

Im sure id not be the only one whod be interested to have a peep.

VW do sell these parts - they come in 3 parts. i had my mate at dubusiness check it last time the rado was in. £51 for the pieces. Alternatively SWG now do a smooth all in one scuttle panel for about 80 notes - looks prettty good but expensive if your engine bay isn't tidy like mine.

I think its the MK2 that the one youre after.

Yeah this the MK2 one you need, doesn't go all the way though, you still have a gap where the wiper motor is

Looking at my MK2 8V one there is one that coveres the ECU which might go over the wiper motor, Im gonna take it off and try it on my corrado this weekend ill let you all know.

Looking at my MK2 8V one there is one that coveres the ECU which might go over the wiper motor, Im gonna take it off and try it on my corrado this weekend ill let you all know.

Ressurection...

Adam?