Sign in to follow this  
Bally

Bonnets

Sorry Andy,

I know that my bonnet needs a bit of a touch up on a couple of small stone chips, but with the engine work I'm doing, I can't justify having the whole bonnet re-sprayed just to put on an earlier one...

Thanks for the offer though... 8)

No probs mate .. thought i'd be cheeky and ask anyway..

cheers..

If you change your mind.. my mate owns a body shop.. so i could get it matched to your car if needs be.. :wink:

Andy

Bally,

I was in the RAF in Germany in '91 and bought a new RHD Corrado from a German dealer. It still had the pre-face lift bonnet on them. As some of the others mentioned, the bonnet has probably been swapped at some point.

Incidentley, if you had bought a Corrado from a German dealer, just about everything was an option. You could get an uprated alternator, uprated battery etc. Heated washer jets, aktiv speaker system, full size spare etc etc etc. Even the first aid kit and warning triangel were extras!

The standard car had a sunroof and windy up windows but still had electric mirrors!? The dealer helped us out by telling us how to up-spec them to UK standard.

Oh, and just to make you lot green with envy we used to get them VAT free. Cost just over £12k for a 16Ver when they were over £17k in the UK!!

Ahhhh... those were the days!!

My C is a 2.0l 16v on a K plate and has a three slat grill but the recessed bonnet. Someone earlier said that all 2.0 16vs had the bulges - so what's the crack?

My C is a 2.0l 16v on a K plate and has a three slat grill but the recessed bonnet. Someone earlier said that all 2.0 16vs had the bulges - so what's the crack?

As has been stated earlier in this thread - the later type bonnets began to be fitted to some of the Corrados in late 1991. There was not a definite cut off point/date. It is quite likely that your car was manufactured while the early bonnets were still in use.

Bally,

I was in the RAF in Germany in '91 and bought a new RHD Corrado from a German dealer. It still had the pre-face lift bonnet on them. As some of the others mentioned, the bonnet has probably been swapped at some point.

Incidentley, if you had bought a Corrado from a German dealer, just about everything was an option. You could get an uprated alternator, uprated battery etc. Heated washer jets, aktiv speaker system, full size spare etc etc etc. Even the first aid kit and warning triangel were extras!

The standard car had a sunroof and windy up windows but still had electric mirrors!? The dealer helped us out by telling us how to up-spec them to UK standard.

Oh, and just to make you lot green with envy we used to get them VAT free. Cost just over £12k for a 16Ver when they were over £17k in the UK!!

Ahhhh... those were the days!!

:oops: just read your reply... :oops:

Myn did come with the full size spare rims, it has electric windows etc etc...

Did u guys know that if your corrado has got a recesed bonnet you are liable to get better fuel economy due to the aerodynamics of the front of the car.

Unfortunately if you have a bulged bonnet you will be expecting lower fuel economy performance

Did u guys know that if your corrado has got a recesed bonnet you are liable to get better fuel economy due to the aerodynamics of the front of the car.

Unfortunately if you have a bulged bonnet you will be expecting lower fuel economy performance

Well myn runs on chip fat :lol:

My 8v has all the later panels bumpers and headlights, and the raised boot floor, and the trimmed rear arch lips too. That's why I bought it!

My 8v has all the later panels bumpers and headlights, and the raised boot floor, and the trimmed rear arch lips too. That's why I bought it!

your motors going to be sweet once its done.... :wink:

Roddy has said that ALL 2.0l 16vs had the later style bonnet and the only explanation for my recessed one is that it had a front end bump - but I cant see any signs of that. My colour is kinda rare too and dont see any difference on any panels - anyone got any ideas?