Sign in to follow this  
mistrall

ordering radiator

Morning , tust thought i would quizz you guys about thye tome it takes to get a radiator lol

last monday i vent to vw and ordered in a radiator for my valver as it is kaput , anyway they sead 5-6 days so i thought ok i can do that , so i wrang on friday on the off chance and they sead it would be in in the next 2 days lol , ok i thought - i just rang them up and they are now sayin they haven got a clue how long it will be and that it could be 2 weeks mabe 3 eaven a month - is this normall? i havent had a car for 2 weeks already lol - so is this normal (end of rant). many thanks :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

That's pretty poor! When mine popped I bought one from a radiator supplier at Bursledon (Southampton) and it was in the next day. It wasn't OE, but I asked a lot of people in the trade and they all swore by him, it was much better quality than the GSF and Euro car parts, clobber. I don't remember the name of the company, however. But I expect there will be someone local to you who'll get you up and running quickly.

BTW your sig makes you look like the p!ssed bloke on the Mitchel and Webb comedy program, Sir Digby something, when he's running around humming his theme tune.

digbyandginger.jpg

I reckon it looks a bit like the one on the left.

i'll look up that radiator supplier and post it later for you.

sounds like it is on back order from Germany, I'd have thought someone would have one in stock somewhere,

maybe worth while going for the 16v specific one from Euro car parts, 86 quid with free delivery, they have them in stock, not the same as the 1.6 carb rads that sell for about 50 quid, they fit but aren't as good at cooling, that's what GSF sell.

David.

Wessex Radiators

Portsmouth Rd, Bursledon, Southampton, Hampshire SO31 8EP

Tel: 023 8040 2848

Try these guys Mistrall. Top blokes to deal with. You might need the dimensions of the rad when you speak to them.

Supercharged :)

Dadum dadum dadum dadum dadum dam dum de deaerner der na de de derrr!!

Well put, I couldn't remember how the tune went! :lol: :lol: