Sign in to follow this  
Craig

Possible merc intercooler? will it fit?

Just getting some advice really, if i was to fit an intercooler id have to do it on a budget. obviously the main thing would be the cooler itself and then the pipe work? but im a bit clueless as to what would be suitable, just as a feeler would these merc c & d class ones be any good or better than the g60 one.

http://url.the-corrado.net/1256b8

seeing as its cheap as chips? i have very little knowledge so just testing the water really as to what and how i would go about this, and ive read quite a bit using the search and the sprinter intercooler seems a good buy but a tight fit?

so if i went ahead what restrictions is there to what intercooler i can get (size etc) and where would i get the piping from, samco piping? g-werks?

i know it sounds basic but im really just looking into it all, cheers for the help though, craig.

i basically made all my pipe work from scratch using a 2.5 inch stainless exhaust cut up so i had numurous bends etc,then used samco pipes to join it all. its basically having to go totally custom but i did mine for well under £100

flusted, thats basically what im,looking for! did you notice any good gains or just helps lower the intake temp a bit, which cooler did you use? and was it a bit trail and error with the fitting and pipework? any help is appreciated as im basically trying to gather as much info then hopefully decide to hava go!

CorradoVR6-n.o.s, and which merc one did you use? would either of the ones on ebay be any good or anything similar for the future? if i dont go for this one? cheers

I can supply with details of suppliers for parts and a how to fitting-guide for a custom intercooler, including core, piping and connectors for about £280 all in if interested ?