Sign in to follow this  
Mystic Storm

Minor Mods - new member

Hi

I bought myself a lovely 95 Storm (MB) last week and have just joined the forum. Was thinking of having a few minor mods starting with an Induction kit. The Turn2 looks pretty smart but has anyone ever fitted a PiperCross Viper Kit to a VR6 Corrado? Just looking for something a bit different than the usual K&N.

Welcome to the forum,

The Turn2 kit seems to be the best for the VR6 according to most members on here.

You'll have to get some pics on here soon

Cheers.

It certainly looks the part and most of the comments seem pretty good. I'll maybe order one this week. Still fancy a Viper (don't know why?!), just one of those things. I've contacted PiperCross directly to see what the craic is with it. Reckon I'll still go for the Turn2 though.

You might also want to consider a BMC CDA too as many VR6s see 7bhp with this kit. It's not cheap though.

Kev

Cheers Kev, looks a nice bit of kit. It's cheaper then the PC Viper Kit as well. I'll wait and see if I can get a Viper for the Rado and make a decision. Do you know who stocks the BMC, did a google search but couldn't find much?

Jay

http://www.stealthracing.co.uk can get them for you. I think they're about £250, ouch!

Personally I prefer the cheaper modded stock box route. Probably won't get as much of a gain but it's neat and does the same job and costs a few quid!. And it's quiet too, if you prefer the refined approach but I went out in a BMC equipped VR6 and the noise isn't that bad, way way quieter than a K&N 57i type cone filter but you still get that angry straight six sound when pushed.

Basically, under the airbox lives a carbon canister. If you delete it or relocate it, you're left with a big hole which you can poke a hose like the above into to feed cold air into the airbox. You then match the hose diameter to a suitable drill attachment and drill away, feed the hose into the hole and seal it, and off you go!

Kev

Oh well, it's gonna be a choice between the Turn2, BMC and Viper. Will probably order one today.

I'll let you know what I get and maybe post some pics once I get it fitted.

Cheers

Jay

Went for the Viper which was probably the most pricey out of the three. Should be coming this week so I'll let you know what it's like once i get it fitted.

Chris

Wish I did have money to throw away, just put it on the plastic. Have considered a s-charger but just not yet. Might think about it again in the Spring. How much gain did you get from yours?

james